On What Factors Does Youtube Buffering Speed Depend?
- Its very simple,youtube videos buffering speed mostly depends on your Internet Speed.
Tips To Speed Up Youtube Videos Buffering:
1.Increase your Internet speed by 20%:This is a very old trick to Increase your Internet Speed.This trick increases your net speed by 20% which means you are increasing your youtube videos buffering speed as well.
Microsoft windows reserves 20% of your available bandwith for their own purposes like updates and interrogating with your PC etc.This should be undone immediately to enjoy full ISP Speed.
Follow these steps to increase your Internet Speed by 20%:
- Click on start, select run and type "gpedit.msc".
- select to LOCAL COMPUTER POLICY>COMPUTER CONFIGURATION>ADMNISTRATIVE TEMPELATES>NETWORK> QOS PACKET SHEDULER>LIMIT RESERVABLE BANDWITH.
- Double click on "limit reservable bandwith" and then select "Enabled" snd edit the bandwith to O.
- Its a nice trick...!! try it and get internet speed 20% more..!!
Note:For some versions of windows like windows home and basic versions don't have gpedit.msc command,in that case just ignore this trick not a big deal and follow the below tricks.
2.Join Youtube Feather Beta:This is a new Youtube Project called Youtube Feather Beta.
Go to Youtube Feather Beta[this link] and click on join youtube feather beta.Now search for videos and start watching,you should have already found the difference in speeds before and after.
- In youtube feather beta you dont see many comments.
- You will not be able to like or dislike the video.
- You will get only 5 suggested or related videos.
3.Use Youtube DNS:
For Windows XP users:
- Go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on Network Connections from the Control Panel choices.
- Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.
- Click Properties button.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
For Windows 7 Users:
- Go to control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet then click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings(at left side).
- Right Click on Local Area Connection then select Properties button.
- Double click on Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)(dont change any thing in IP address).
Click the on Use the following DNS server addresses and type
Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Then click ok and its done!
4.Speed up youtube videos Buffering with SpeedBit Video Accelerator:
5.Increase Youtube Buffering Speed by changing the Video Quality:You can also speed up Youtube videos buffering by changing the quality of videos to low quality like 240p,360p etc.Use this when you have to do nothing with the quality of videos.
6.Get a Good Internet Plan with good Net Speed:With the above tweaks you can speed up your youtube videos buffering more than thrice but if you really want a very good buffering then getting a good subscription plan with good net speed is a wise thing.
If you follow and apply the above tips properly then you will definitely notice an increase in your youtube buffering speed.Those who have tried let us know your experience in your comments.
- Also Read:How to Boost/Increase Internet Speed.