Tweak: Un-reserving bandwidth:
- Press "Windows key + R"(shortcut key for RUN).
- Now type gpedit.msc.This will give access to Group Policy Editor.
|Group Policy Editor|
- Then Navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/QOS Packet Scheduler using the pane on the left side.
- Now in the right panel you will notice a option called "Limit Reservable Bandwitdth".Right click on it and choose "Edit" option.
- A new window will pop out where you find Bandwidth Limit is set to 20% by default.Now click enabled and change Bandwidth Limit to 0 then apply the changes.
|Limit Reservable Bandwidth|
- Hit ok the close the group policy editor.
Few Software Programs which helps in optimizing Internet Speed:
1.Boost Download Speed with Internet Download Manager:
Few important features of Internet Download Manager:
- You can limit the download speed of the download program or application.
- You can stop or pause the download at any time.
- Helps you in downloading various videos,pdf files,music files,softwares with a single click.
2.Optimizing TCP/IP settings with SG TCP Optimizer:
- Download SG TCP Optimizer.This application doesn't require any installation ,you just have to double click it to run the application.
- Now we wont touch any settings under General Settings Tab.Just choose optimal Settings Tab and click apply changes.
- As soon as you click Apply Changes a windows will pop up.
- Here also we dont touch any settings.Just check(Tick) Backup option.
- Now all you have to do is to restart your PC.As soon as you restart these settings will effect your PC.
Note:After you reboot your PC surf around in a while.If you notice that these settings had a negative impact then don't worry you can revert settings to default.When you click restore settings to default a .spg extension file will open with date.Choose the date to which you want to revert the settings.
3.Use cCleaner to clear Cookies and Browsing History:
- Also Read:Tweak Utorrent Settings to Increase Speed.