In the present situation no one rely on one method to backup important data and search for different methods to backup and store them securely in Internet.
- Check out more about the Basics of Cloud Computing Technology.
Top 5 Cloud Service Providers which you can try for Free:
1. SkyDrive:A Microsoft product with 7GB storage allows you to create documents, excel spreadsheets, presentations and upload them into SkyDrive. SkyDrive’s user interface is very simple and attractive with new windows metro look. It contains 3 folders named documents, pictures and public. You can create more folders by click on create button.
- Gives 7GB file storage without completing any offers.
- Create documents in Internet and share them with your friends.
- Allows sharing files directly in Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Share files with a link and set permissions to that link and one more i.e. it gives shorten facility for that link.
- It supports open office document formats also.
- Embed documents directly into a webpage or blog
To access SkyDrive you need to create Microsoft Outlook Account which you can get for free.
2. Google Drive:Another wonderful service from the Google with 5 GB file storage. Google drive is formerly known as Google docs and it was changed into cloud storage and allows you to create documents, presentations, forms and many more applications with the integration of Google chrome app store.
- Get 5GB file storage instantly.
- Create new documents, spreadsheets or use pre-defined templates.
- Upload your files easily while you are on email or some other Google services.
- Convert uploaded files to Google docs format.
- Install number of apps from Google chrome app store.
- Gives list of keyboard shortcuts for easy accessing.
3. Drop box:Drop box is one of the most useful online file storage services and it is very popular in other purposes also. Primarily it gives 2 GB file storage and you can increase storage by referring service to your friends and do some tasks like installing drop box, follow it on twitter, like it on Facebook etc.
- Access drop box documents offline.
- Share files with your friends by inviting them.
- Get most of free space by referring friends
- Supports number of add-ons.
- Works well in maximum operating systems(include Android,iPhone,windows mobile).
4.Box:Another online service that enables you to store and access your files anywhere. It gives 5 GB file storage for every user and it is only for non-commercial and personal use. You can upload files to box by dragging files to open space. Add your friends to your network by click on add collaborators.
- Create documents, presentations, web documents.
- Add applications to box account and integrate popular services.
- Syncing your devices with box account and sync folders by click on it.
5. SugarSync:Last but not least SugarSync is also one of the popular cloud service works well on 3 different platforms Desktop, Web and Mobile. So you can sync your files and folders anywhere.
After creation of account you need to install SugarSync for further proceedings. Finally your SugarSync account is alive in your computer, now you can access your important data from anywhere and get data back even your system crashes.
- You can back up any folder of your computer, system folders too.
- Make uploads and synchronising through email also.
- Share files and folders securely with your friends.
- Give a chance to integrate third party application for getting better performance.
- Create albums with your photos and save albums in 3 different manners.
- Private album
- Public album
- Shared album
- Publish photos or albums directly to Facebook with one touch support.
Conclusion:If you want to store your important data in Internet especially cloud services then go for better and popular services because unpopular services are shutting down any time without giving any indication to you. So store your files in trusted services only.
If you know any other best free cloud storage service providers let us know in your comments.