Previously Microsoft used to provide only online installers which requires Internet connection for installing the whole package.But with the current version of 4.5 they are providing both online installer and offline installer as well.
.NET is an inbuilt feature in Windows 8:
There are many problems with online installers like:
- The installation may hang forever if you have slow internet connection like dial-up, GPRS, etc.
- You cannot use it if you are not connected to internet.
- If you are using pirated version of windows then its better to stay away from softwares/installer from Microsoft which connects to Internet.
Advantages of Offline Installer:
- No trouble with installation even without internet connection.
- You can install .NET framework on multiple computers even without internet connection.
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 Requirement:
- O.S:Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)and Windows Server 2008 SP2 (x86 and x64).
- Hardware Requirements:512 MB RAM, 850 MB available space for (X86) and 2 GB space for (X64) versions.
Here I will be providing links for both offline and online installer as well:
- Online Installer is about 982 KB.
- Offline installer i.e complete Framework is about 48MB.
Direct Download Links to Offline Installers:
Microsoft .NET 4.5 Offline Installer (works for both 32 bit and 64 bit).
Microsoft .NET 4.5 Online Installer (for both 32 bit and 64 bit).
Note:The above links are authenticated and hosted by Microsoft’s Servers.