These days, more and more internet users are opting for a VPN when it comes to gaining access to websites. A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is not a replacement for your Internet Service Provider. However, you can use it alongside your ISP in order to enjoy a range of benefits. Basically, you still need to have an ISP to connect to the worldwide web. However, you can then use the VPN to browse the web and access sites.
So, if you still need to have an ISP, what’s the point of a VPN? Well, a VPN offers a host of benefits, most notably a much higher level of privacy. This is why they have become so popular amongst consumers over recent years. With many people worried about being tracked by their ISP, by other people, even by the government. These VPNs, therefore, offer valuable peace of mind for those that want to protect their privacy.
What are the key advantages?
There are many key advantages when it comes to using a VPN. Some of the main benefits that you can look forward to include:
- Increased privacy: You get to enjoy a far higher level of privacy when using a VPN. While your ISP will know that you are connected to the web, your browsing goes through the VPN IP address, so even your ISP cannot determine which sites you have been on. For those who are fed up of having their online activities tracked, a VPN is the ideal solution. You can surf the net anonymously, and the sites you access will only be known by you and the VPN.
- Greater net access: We have all come across sites that we are unable to access because of our geographical location, such as entertainment and movie sites. With the right VPN, you can open up access to these sites because it will be the VPN server that is accessing them rather than your personal IP address. So, for instance, if you are in the UK and want to access a site that is only available to residents of the USA, you can sign up to a VPN service with servers in the USA. This will then make it look as though you are located in America because of the server’s IP address.
- Affordable solution: Some VPNs are free to access, while others have a small charge. You can enjoy more benefits with the paid ones, such as the service from CyberGhost, and the cost is very low. You can even save money on the cost of your VPN service with a CyberGhost coupon.
- Secure connection: A VPN is able to secure the connection between your device and remote resources. This is very important in cases where your connection would otherwise not be secure, such as when using public Wi-Fi. This means added peace of mind for you when it comes to using unsecured connections. Many people are concerned about their security being breached when using public Wi-Fi, and quite rightly so. However, this problem can be eliminated by accessing sites through your VPN when using public Wi-Fi.
- Improved connectivity: Your VPN can provide you with better connectivity, particularly if you are accessing services in a distant location from where you are based. For example, if you are in the United States and trying to access a service in another part of the world, connectivity can be far better through your VPN. This greater level of reliability is a huge bonus for most people.
As you can see, there are many great benefits that come with using a VPN. All you need to do is find the right one for your needs. Choose a company that is reputable and reliable for your VPN service, as this will help to ensure you have a positive user experience. Also, look at the different plans and pricing to find the right one for your needs.