Are you looking for the best TV wall mount? Did you know there are four types of wall mounts? Keep reading to learn what to look for in a TV wall mount before buying one for yourself or a family.
Watching TV is a typical pass time and the perfect pass-time, especially for kids. It is fun and can keep people engaged for hours. But it can be very harmful if necessary precautions are not taken.
One of the essential factors that are not taken into consideration is the viewing angle. A wrong viewing angle is very damaging for your eye-sight, and your favorite pass-time may become the reason behind your constant headaches. It not only damages your eye-sight, but it also decreases the picture quality due to the hazy effect.
The perfect viewing angle depends upon various factors such as the height from which the TV is being watched, the age and of course, the eye-sight. Many people watch TV while sitting on their sofa, some prefer lying on the floor, and some may view it from a reasonable distance; therefore, a fixed TV mount is no good, especially for families.
No matter from where you’re watching TV, with adjustable mount you can set the perfect viewing angle for optimal and harmless viewing, you can tilt it, swivel it and set the perfect viewing level and enjoy fun movie time with your family and friends.
10 Best TV Wall Mounts of 2019
1. What is a wall mount?
A wall mount is anything that is attached to the wall. It could be any appliance or a decorative item that has been mounted on the wall. Examples of wall mounts included wall-mounted television, wall mounted telephone, wall mounted shelves, and so on and so forth.
2. How to Choose a TV Wall Mount?
TV wall mount for every TV is different. There are certain things that you need to consider before choosing a TV Wall Mount:
- Check the specifications of your TV, including size and weight. Every wall mount has been manufactured to support a particular size and weight. Hence, you should choose the TV Wall Mount that supports the size and weight of your TV.
- Choose whether you want your TV, Wall Mount, to swivel or stay stationary. Sometimes you may want your TV to be fixed at one place while sometimes you may want to change the angle of your TV. You should choose a TV Wall Mount based on your wishes.
- Choose whether you a TV Wall Mount with an arm or not. If you want your TV to be close the wall, a TV wall mount without an arm would suit you but if you want your TV to protrude farther away from the wall, TV wall mount with an arm would work best for you.
- Consider the price. A very cheap TV wall mount may not be long-lasting, durable, and safe. It is important that you choose a TV wall mount wisely.
3. What is a good TV wall mount brand?
A TV good TV wall mount brand is Sanus. It provides most of the things for most people. It is easy to install and smooth to use. It is constructed using heavy gauge steel and is very sturdy and safe. It comes with a 10-year warranty, so if any problem arises during this period, you are covered! Although the price is higher than other brands, the quality and the warranty that the company offers justifies the price.
4. What are the different types of TV wall mounts?
There are three main types of TV wall mounts:
- Fixed TV wall mount: these types of wall mounts place the TV as close to the wall as possible. They fix the TV on the wall. You cannot change the angle or position of the TV once mounted.
- Tilting TV wall mount: these types of wall mounts allow you to tilt the TV upwards or downwards to achieve a perfect viewing angle while being attached on the wall. The tilting is usually +/-15o upwards or downwards, but it varies with the model.
- Articulating TV wall mount: these types of wall mounts offer a great deal of flexibility. The can be tilted, swiveled, or moved left or right. They provide a perfect angle for viewing television from any part of a room.
5. How much is TV wall mounting?
Basic wall mounting is very affordable. TV wall mounting varies from an average $70 to $110 per hour. After that, handymen usually charge $9 to $11 for every 15 minutes.
6. What is a fixed TV wall mount?
A fixed TV wall mount is the one that keeps the TV as close to the wall as possible. It does not allow you to change the position of the TV while it is attached to the wall.
7. What are the best full motion TV wall mounts?
The best full motion TV wall mounts are:
- Mounting Dream MD2380, fit for TV size of 32 to 55”. Retract:3 to 15.2”, Tilt: +5 t0 -15o, Swivel: +/-45o
- Husky Mountains DA-45 LM, fit for TV size 32 to 55”, Retract: up to 15”, Tilt: 15o, Swivel: 130o
- Echogear EGLF2, fit for TV size 42 to 80”, Retract: 2.36 to 22”, Tilt: 15o, Swivel: 130o
- Mounting Dream MD2377, fit for TV size 23 to 55”, Retract: 3.2 to 15”, Tilt: +15”/-6o, Swivel: +/-90o
- Everstone Mount-It! MI- 319L, fit for TV size 42 to 70”, Retract: 2.25 to 25.75”, Tilt: 15”, Swivel: +/-90o
8. What is a full motion TV wall mount?
A full motion TV wall mount is a revolutionary TV wall mount that allows you to make several movements to your TV. It enables you to tilt and swivel your TV by many degrees so that you can adjust the TV to achieve the perfect viewing angle. Some full motion TV wall mounts also allow a post-installation adjustment so that you can centralize the TV even after it has been mounted.
9. What is a low profile TV mount?
A low profile TV wall mount is a fixed type of TV wall mount that keeps the TV very close to the wall. It does not allow you to tilt or swivel the TV.
10. What is mounting bracket?
A mounting bracket is a structure that projects from a wall. It is the structure which the TV wall mount in place on the wall. A TV wall mount is not directly installed on the wall, but it is the brackets onto which a TV is mounted.
11. Can you wall mount a 65 inch TV?
Each TV wall mount is manufactured to hold a different size and weight. A 65 inch TV can be mounted on the wall, but you need to choose a TV wall mount that specifies that it is fit for a 65 inches TV. Also, check what the weight of your TV is and ensure that the TV wall mount has enough load-bearing capacity to hold your TV secure.