You might have deactivated your Facebook account a several times, but do you know that now you can delete it permanently?
After recent data breach scandal, Facebook has released a new feature of deleting your account which means it will delete everything you have done on the platform once and for all. There can be many reasons on why you’d want to delete your Facebook account. But if you are thinking about doing it then here is a simple walkthrough on the entire process.
Deleting vs Deactivating Facebook Account
There are two different ways to get your Facebook account offline. If you choose to deactivate your account, them:
- You can reactivate your account anytime you want
- Freinds/ People won’t be able to see your Facebook Timeline
- You won’t come up on search results
- Only messages you’ve sent and comments you made will be visible
- Facebook saves all your account data in case you want to reactivate
If you delete your Facebook account permanently then:
- There is no way that you can regain your account
- Facebook takes a few days to process the deletion request. And If you log in to your account during this period then the deletion is cancelled automatically
- Messages that you’ve sent to friends/people won’t be deleted
- Your log records may remain stored in Facebook’s database but are “disassociated from personal identifiers,”
Deactivate your Facebook Account
To deactivate your Facebook account, follow these simple steps:
1. On your facebook profile page, click the account menu down arrow present at the top right corner
2. Click “Settings”
3. Choose ‘General’ option
4. Now, click on ‘Manage Account’
5. Click on ‘Deactivate’, and then follow the instructions ( Enter password etc)
To make things easier just click on the link below to directly go the deactivation page.
You can reactivate your account anytime just by logging in using your username and password.
Delete Facebook Account Permanently
Once you delete your facebook account there is no coming back so think carefully before doing it.
You can just follow the link below to delete your account permanently
Remember it takes around 90 days for the deletion process which will delete all that you have posted, liked, status updates, etc. But you can’t access your account in the meantime.
Download your information from Facebook before Deleting your Account
1. On your facebook page, click the account menu down arrow present at the top right corner
2. Click on the “download a copy of your Facebook data’ option
3. Select “Start My Archive”
Finally, it’s over. Now go and live in the physical world for god’s sake!
Did that help? write us in the comments below.
- How to Download a Copy of Data that Facebook Knows About You
- Facebook News Feed Update to “Filter Public & Page Posts”
- Finally, You Can Block Mark Zuckerberg On Facebook