After the much discussed Cambridge Analytica data privacy scandal, and the #deletefacebook campaign, many have their opinion whether to delete their Facebook account or not. But before proceeding further, you should get hold of your data that the social networking site has stored on its platform for years.
Facebook stores all the data that you have shared on the social networking site including every single interaction, previous sessions, status updates, posts, profile information, photos, videos, friends list including ads you have clicked.
Here’s how to download your own archive of the data from Facebook.
1.Go to Facebook.com/settings
2. Click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data.”
3. Click on “Start My Archive.”
4. Facebook will prompt you saying it might take few minutes to gather all the information and you would be informed when the archive is ready.
5. When the archive is ready, click Download Archive, then you have to enter your Facebook password for security reasons.
6. A zip file will be downloaded to your computer. Now extract the files and go through the archive by opening every file inside the folder.
Before sharing the archive with anyone, please keep in mind that it contains sensitive information about your profile information, photos, private wall posts and etc.