The world of video games has drastically changed compared to how many years ago, where gamers could only enjoy video games through consoles like the Nintendo NES, SNES, and Atari, among others. Now, we can play video games on our laptops and computers, with some titles such as Stardew Valley and Final Fantasy being available to play on mobile devices.
Because of this, digital video game storefronts have also been popping up all over the web. Back then, we had to go to brick-and-mortar establishments like GameStop to buy physical copies of video games to pop into our PlayStation consoles. But now, all we need are digital copies of games from platforms such as Steam or the Epic Games Storefront.
One of these storefronts is called Gamivo. While it’s definitely not as popular as Steam, for instance, gamers have been turning to this marketplace to purchase various titles, adding them to their ever-growing library of games. But some interested customers are hesitant to buy from this platform since they’re not too familiar with it, leading them to wonder, “Is Gamivo legit?”
Keep reading if you want to know more about Gamivo, how it works, and its pros and cons. By the end of our review, you’ll be able to decide whether you can trust Gamivo.
What Is Gamivo?
Asides from video games, you can also purchase software and gift cards from Gamivo. It’s essentially a digital marketplace where people can go if they want to buy or sell game keys for Origin, Uplay, GOG, Epic Games, Bethesda, Steam, and Battle.net. Of course, it doesn’t end there, though. You can also buy gift cards for Google Play, iTunes, Nintendo, Windows, Office, Amazon, and even licenses for different software.
How Does It Work?
It’s effortless to buy from Gamivo. As long as you have a registered account on the website, you can anything you want. Once the purchase is successful, you’ll receive an email containing the digital activation code. From there, follow the instructions on how to activate the product. Of course, you also have to make sure that you’re on the correct platform (e.g., Steam, Uplay, Blizzard, etc.).
Here’s a more detailed step-by-step explanation on how to purchase from Gamivo:
- Find the game you want to buy using the search bar located at the topmost part of Gamivo’s home page.
- Choose which product you want to buy and from which seller. We recommend that you look at all the options available first before purchasing anything so that you can be sure that you’re getting the cheapest offer available.
- Once you add the game to your cart, Gamivo will ask you if you want to “buy with regular price” or “buy with smart price.” Smart price is cheaper than the regular price, but you’ll have to subscribe to Gamivo’s smart subscription first for that.
- During the checkout phase, Gamivo will ask you to input a discount code if you have one. You can also apply for Gamivo’s Customer Protection Program, but this will come at an extra cost.
- Once that’s sorted out, proceed to choose your payment method. Gamivo offers a wide selection of payment options, from PayPal and a selection of credit cards to Gamivo balance, RazerGold, and more.
- Finalize and then complete your payment. Afterward, you’ll receive the game key or software license via email within a couple of minutes.
11333328 (CC0), Pixabay
What’s in Gamivo’s Smart Subscription?
You might be intrigued about Gamivo’s Smart subscription since it offers more benefits. For only 1.99€ per month, these are some of the perks you’ll receive:
Customer Protection Program
If you’re a member of Gamivo’s VIP subscription plan, all of your purchases will be covered by the platform’s protection program, which assures you that you won’t run into any issues when ordering from the site. This is usually just an option for regular customers, and it will cost them extra if they want to be protected. However, the smart subscribers won’t have to pay extra, and all their purchases are covered by default.
Access to Live Chat With Customer Support
Smart subscribers have access to live chat support. If you run into any problems or you need further details about something, you can easily and conveniently chat with one of Gamivo’s customer service agents in real-time. This feature isn’t available to regular customers.
Receive Alerts for the Best Deals
You’ll receive alerts from Gamivo informing you about the best current deals available, along with flash sales, special events, and more.
If you become a member of Gamivo’s smart subscription, you’ll receive a special coupon that you can use when purchasing games.
If there’s a game that you’ve pre-ordered, you’ll receive it immediately upon release if you’re a smart subscriber. Gamivo will move you up the ladder in the priority list, ensuring that you won’t have to wait long before receiving the product.
- Video games are more affordable on Gamivo compared to other similar marketplaces.
- Offers an extensive selection of payment options.
- Game keys are quickly delivered to you through email.
- You can choose from a wide variety of game keys and software licenses.
- Asides from being a buyer, you can also sell game keys.
- Customer support for regular customers may take quite a bit of time.
- You’ll also have to pay a payment gateway fee of 1.31€, depending on which payment method you’re going to use.
- You may have to provide ID verification during your first time buying from Gamivo.
If you’re looking for a marketplace where you can buy video games at an affordable price, you may want to check out Gamivo. Is Gamivo safe to buy from? For the most part, customers seem happy and satisfied with the platform, and not a lot of gamers have had issues with their orders. Most complaints have to do with Gamivo’s customer service, which may take some time to reply if you’re not a smart subscriber.