Android Phones have reached almost the top of smartphone market segment and have become part of our daily life as we use them at most of the times. However, we still miss out on exploring our phone’s features completely. Despite the fact that millions own Android device, many are unaware of some of the most amazing features hidden away. Did you know that there are actually some hidden features which are not known to us?
Would you like to know the features which you have missed out? Here we have provided the hidden features from which you will definitely learn something new and you’ll find some fantastic features.
Check Hidden Features of Android:
1. Smartphone Camera’s To Detect Infrared Light To determine If Your Remote Control’s Batteries Are Dead:
By using android smartphone camera you can detect the IR light which our eyes can’t see. A smartphone’s camera is indeed sensitive to IR radiation, and if you want to try it for yourself, just use a common IR remote control.
The infrared beam emitted when a button is pressed will show as white or purple light in the viewfinder of your camera app. You can use this trick to check if a remote control’s batteries are dead when it stops working.
2. Hidden Secret Game in Android Device:
The Easter egg game which is not known to the newcomers is quite similar to Developer Options trick and can be enjoyed in all Android versions. They’re hiding in plain site, in the software you use every day, and when you find them you’ll be delighted.
Follow These Simple Steps To Reveal This Hidden Easter Egg In Your Android Device:
- Firstly open Settings page on your Android mobile phone or tablet.
- Now open “About Device” (or About Phone / About Tablet) section. In old Android versions, this section can be found at the bottom of the Settings page. In newer Android versions such as Android 4.4 KitKat, the “About Device” section has been moved to a new tab “More” in the Settings page.
- Once you open “About Device” section, look for “Android version” option. In newer smartphones, the “Android Version” option might present under “Software Info” section.
- Later you need to quickly tap on the “Android version” several times to enjoy Easter Egg. Tap as fast as you can and it’ll launch the secret Easter egg.
3. Google Now On Tap Feature:
This feature is available only on Marshmallow android and above.
How To Enable?
- Go to Settings > Google > search and > now and tap.
- Now turn this feature on.
- This feature helps us to enhance google search.
4. Check Info About The Text You Selected In Google:
To view, this feature, follow these steps.
- Touch and hold the Home button.
- At the bottom of your screen, tap Select text.
- Tap a word.
- To select more words, drag the blue dots.
- Google will show you info about the text you selected.
5. View Your Notifications Even After Clearing Them:
Everyone gets into this situation of clearing some important notification and not even knowing which app was it from. To view, the cleared notifications follow these steps –
- First, open the widgets on your device.
- Next, go to settings
- Later you will see the notification.
- Click on “notification”. You now able to see the Notification shortcut on your device.
6. Screen Pinning:
If you would like to lock down your device so the person using it only has access to one app. This is the best feature which is available in latest android versions.
Follow these simple steps to enable this feature.
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down until you find the Security option. Tap on it.
- At the bottom of the Security page tap on Screen pinning.
- Slide the switch to the On position.
Watch Video Here:
7. Speed Up Your Phone Without any App:
Go to settings, and scroll to the very bottom. Until you reach ‘About Phone’.
Once again scroll down to the very bottom until you see the ‘build number of your phone.
Now tap this number of times until you get a small pop-up. The pop-up will say ‘ you are now a developer’.
Now go back to the main settings menu and you will see a new option above about phone.
If you’re not sure whether the process is complete you can try again and you will see this.
Now the developer options are open. You can play around with features you understand. But this will 100% make your phone a bit faster. And smoother.
8. Change Keyboard Theme With Your Favourite Picture Or Favourite Colour:
Go to settings of your Android phone.
Select the Language & input option. You’ll find the following option.
Now, select the Gboard option followed by Theme option.
You’ll find various options to set your keyboard as per your desired pic or color.
Now, you know the Hidden features in the Android right? Use these and improve your experience day in and day out.