Speed fan is an assembling program in Microsoft Windows System. The program alters the speed of the computer system and regulates several components of the PC. Its primary function is to observe computer hardware. Additionally, it can also access the temperature sensors’ data, alter its speed, and reduce the noise.
The speed fan also accesses SMART info and lists down the hard disk’s temperature. Besides, it supports the SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) disk. It even alters the FSB (Front side bus) on some hardware too. Speed fan works with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2012. Additionally, it works fine with Windows 64 too.
However, the actual question that arises in mind revolves around its working and the type of protection it provides to a computer. Well, we are here to answer your query in detail.
Here you go!
How Does Speed Fan work?
Speed fan comes off as a relatively easy program but can turn into a complicated one. In this blog, we simply talk about its working. All you have to is to follow our lead.
Step 1: The first step is to open the motherboard. Next, debug all the running electric fans. The debugging of fans is crucial since it can cause a system to freeze and the computer to hang. It can even expose a computer to other side effects.
Step 2: Now open Google, a savior for all. Enter a query in the search bar, ‘install speed fan.’ Several links will appear on your screen. Open the link you think is most reliable and authentic. Additionally, for this, you are advised to opt for reliable websites for installation.
Step 3: The next step is to click on the Configure button, located on the right side of your screen.
Step 4: Now, you have to set the value for fan speed. Push it up to 100 percent, and make sure to check the button. In case it remains unchecked, the settings will go back to the default settings.
Step 5: To operate the fan at maximum speed, set the delta value. It is a crucial step since it sets up your computer for maximum speed.
Step 6: Now navigate to the ‘advanced’ tab for more settings.
Step 7: The tab will lead you towards the chip selection. Here, you are expected to select an option for board superior chip. However, the PWM chip also does a good job of controlling PWM.
Step 8: You can also alter the fan speed by using the arrow keys. Make sure you don’t set the rate below 30 percent. This is because, below this level, the rotation can stop, resulting in a heated computer. Adjust the maximum and minimum speed accordingly.
Step 9: Now tick the ‘automatically variated box’ located on the screen’s bottom end. You are also allowed to rename it with a click and pressing the F2 key.
Step 10: Now, you can press the navigate tab. From here, you can alter the temperature displayed in the show in-tray list. The next step is to monitor the elements from the display.
Congratulations, you are now ready to launch the program. Don’t forget to add a shortcut to the startup folder.
How Does The Speed Fan Protect Your Personal Computer?
A speed fan works efficiently and protects your personal computer in several ways.
- Handles South Bridge: A southbridge is one of the two chips located in the core logic chipset on your computer. It connects to lower-speed peripheral buses in a computer. Thus, any number of south bridges located in the computer is efficiently handled by the speed fan.
- Handle hardware monitor chips: The chips used for hardware monitoring are running simultaneously, raising the temperature. Thus, to cool it down, a speed fan is used.
- Handles hard disk: The hard disk located inside your computer functions to store and retrieve data. When a computer runs, the hard disk’s temperature rises, which then the automated speed fan controls.
- Handles temperature readings: It doesn’t matter how high your temperature reading has reached. Once the speed fan begins functioning well, it can handle higher temperatures.
- Handle voltage readings: The voltage readings are also controlled by the speed fan installed in your computer.
- Handles PWM (Pulse Width Modulation): PWM regulates current on the device. Thus, if the current is changed abruptly in any number, it is controlled by a speed fan. As soon as the program detects the variation, it will manage it without causing any significant damage to your personal computer.
Additionally, the speed fan works to control info from hardware monitor chips, presented on an organized line. It works as a periodic cleaning program for all the hot components of a computer. It detects speed, voltage, the temperature quickly and manages it while displaying on the screen.
Furthermore, on the latest sets, it can alter the speed to reduce the noise to an acceptable level. With access to SMART info, it can also gather data on hard disc temperature. Thus, to protect the computer, you can make use of it, saving it from any damage.
Speed fan is a program that functions to detect hot temperature arising from components of a computer. It works efficiently if taken care of effectively.
For your ease, we have listed down the steps to make it work. Additionally, several versions of the program are available. Download the one that fits the best for your personal computer.