- First of all, you must check which Mozilla Firefox version you have installed on your computer. To do this press “Alt + H” to enable the “Help” menu and press “About Firefox.” In our tutorial we work with Mozilla Firefox 23 and up versions.
- Now, you need to open the Firefox browser. The icon of Firefox is well-known for its cute illustration of a fox curled around a blue-colored globe. In case you have Firefox already open, you must click “Ctrl + T” to open a new tabbed window.
- Next, you should type “about:config” into the Firefox address bar and click “Enter” to open a configuration menu. Later you can come back to the configuration menu even without typing. The only thing you must do is to add the bookmark “Ctrl + D.”
- Note that the settings in the configuration menu should be used by advanced PC users, that is why you should press “Continue” when you see the warning message “I’ll be careful, I promise.” Mozilla Firefox wants to be sure you are familiar with advanced settings, and you know what you do. If you have doubts, think twice before applying these advanced changes.
- Do not forget to press the “Refresh” button. By refreshing you activate all the changes, you have just done. The “Refresh” button looks like an arrow curled into a circle (see the right side of your address bar). Alternatively, you can press the “F5” on your keyboard.
Press the “Alt + T” in order to open a new tab. The rest of the tabs must be closed. When you refresh Mozilla Firefox, you clear up all settings and add-ons. By doing this, you return the Firefox browser to the default settings. Many users are afraid to open their data. To avoid this, it is essential to close all the tabs and keep the blank tab open.
Now you must press the “Help” menu and choose the “Troubleshooting Information.” Users who don’t see the menu toolbar must click “Alt.”
Press to refresh Mozilla Firefox.
Once this is done, press “Refresh Firefox” once again to confirm your adjustments. It is important to note that when you press to refresh Mozilla Firefox, this action removes all add-ons but you can re-download those back.