There are many users who encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 12031. This error is from the QuickBooks 12000 error series and generally occurs while updating the QuickBooks or QuickBooks Payroll service. This error mainly occurs due to network-related issues. Here, in this article, we will discuss how to resolve QuickBooks error 12031. However, before going through the resolving steps, let’s understand the causes behind this error.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 12031
QuickBooks Error 12031 can occur due to many reasons. Although troubleshooting this error is not a big issue, it becomes quite important to understand the reason behind it. The following reasons could be responsible for causing this error.
- The first and foremost reason is an internet connection. If you have issues with your internet connectivity, then you are likely to encounter this issue.
- The other reason is the network timeout. Due to the network timeout, the QuickBooks face the difficulty in accessing the server and this error appears.
- At times, the internet or firewall security settings hinder the updates by blocking the connection or pages.
- This issue may also occur when the default browser is not set. Because this might restrict the software functioning properly and causes errors.
- Another reason behind this error is invalid SSL settings.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 12031
The methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12031 are given below. Follow the resolving steps and try to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Check The Internet Connection Setup
- First of all, open the Help tab and choose the Internet Connection Setup.
- Next, click on the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” option.
- After that, click on the Next button, then click on the Done button.
- Now, update the QuickBooks again:
- For QuickBooks 2008 & Later: Select Help – > Update QuickBooks – > Update Now.
- For QuickBooks 2006 & earlier: Select File – > Update QuickBooks – > Update Now.
Solution 2: Reset The Update Settings
- To reset the update settings, click on the Update Now tab.
- Next, you need to select the Reset Update, and then click on the Get Updates button.
- Now, if the QuickBooks programs stop working:
- Check your Internet Connection and make sure it is working.
- Configure the firewall settings and internet security. Doing this, you will be able to get the updates.
- Run the Windows in Safe mode and re-download it.
Solution 3: Verify the Advanced settings
- Open the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Next, select the Internet Connection Setup option, and then select the Internet Properties option.
- After selecting the Internet Properties option, select the Advanced tab.
- Now, verify the advanced settings and make sure that the advanced setting is the same as you want.
- Click on the Apply button and then click on the OK button.
So, this is all about the QuickBooks Error 12031. The error is not that much typical one and could be resolved easily. What you need to do is to follow the resolving steps carefully to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 12031.