Is it possible to set an alarm on a Mac? The answer is yes, but unlike other Apple devices like iPads and iPhones, configuring alarm settings is very different in a Mac OSX computer. That’s because, in an iOS smartphone or tablet, a built-in clock app lets you set up timers and recurring alarms. Meanwhile, Mac computers and laptops don’t have this app by default.
However, the good news is that there are a couple of third-party tools and other built-in options that you can freely use to set an alarm on your Mac OSX machine. That’s because your Mac has features that can provide you with functions similar to an alarm clock. So even if doing this in a Mac OSX device is quite unusual, this is still a great way to remind yourself that you have an urgent deadline or appointment coming up.
Keep in mind, all Mac computers come with a Calendar app. In turn, this app contains a feature that lets you set up a one-time alarm clock. The same Calendar app can help you remember all crucial events that you saved. This includes birthdays or anniversaries, an important call you have to make, a dinner with friends, or if you’re done browsing the Web and need to get back to work soon.
There are a couple of options for you to set an alarm in your Mac Computer. However, not everyone knows how this works. It’s important to remember that even though the official App Store is ready to provide you with loads of alternatives to install an alarm clock in your machine, the best way to do this is still to use its built-in calendar app. So without any further ado — this is how to set up an alarm on your Mac Computer:
Quick & Easy Steps to Set an Alarm on Mac
- The first step is to click “Launchpad” and then to go to the Calendar app. If you can’t find it, then press the command key followed by the spacebar. Next, type “Calendar”;
- Double-click on the date that you want to set your alarm. Do this in the calendar app’s interface;
- The next step is to right-click on your preferred time and date slot, and then choose “New Event”;
- Type a name for your alarm event, and then click on the Date and Time section. If you want, put in a location or a reminder. There are also other options, such as adding attachments, notes, or the names of your peers who will join you in the event;
- You can also enter the time when you want to set the alarm;
- Click “None” right beside the alert;
- When the pop-up menu shows up, click “Custom…” and then go to “Message. Click “Message with Sound” and then select the alarm chime of your choice; and
- Pick how many minutes or hours before the alarm event that you want goes off, and then press “OK”.
If you change your mind or have decided to postpone or cancel an event, then you can follow these steps:
- Right-click on the event, and then click “Delete”. Or, you can click on the event, and then click “Delete”.