While both Dropbox and OneDrive are excellent cloud storage services, many people keep switching between both systems. Both cloud storages have their unique features. Their users love them both. Many users keep changing from Dropbox to OneDrive and from OneDrive to Dropbox for more storage greed. Moreover, people switch between two cloud services, and they migrate files from one cloud account to another cloud account of the same Cloud service platform. Hence, in this article, we will talk about moving files from one OneDrive account to another and how to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive.
Though not only people want to move files from one OneDrive account to another, many transfer Dropbox to OneDrive. Hence, it entirely depends on one’s choice. Moreover, people also sync Dropbox to OneDrive. Not just people keep switching between OneDrive accounts and OneDrive and Dropbox; people also transfer Google Drive to Dropbox.
People must know about both cloud storage services. Hence, let’s take a quick sneak peek into both the cloud storage services.
What is Dropbox?
Many users on the Internet also migrate Dropbox to OneDrive. Dropbox is an excellent alternative to OneDrive. Just like OneDrive, you can store your documents and files online and access them from anywhere you want to. Dropbox offers only 2 GB of free storage. For more storage, you have to pay. Hence, storage is one of the chief factors why people want to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive and sync Dropbox to OneDrive.
- Key Features:
- Dropbox is 256-bit AES encrypted. Hence, it is entirely safe and secured.
- It is accessible through the web and apps and installed on your Android, Mac, iOS.
- The cloud service keeps a history of files safe. Hence, if you want to recover any file at any point of point, you can quickly retrieve it. So, this is quite an essential factor for people to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive.
- The file recovery goes for 30 days in the free version and 180 days in the paid version.
- You have full authority over sharing your files. Dropbox allows you to control share files and permission levels.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is a Microsoft cloud-based storage solution. OneDrive lets its users store and create files on their computers and sync them on the cloud. All the files are available across various devices, starting from your Android to your laptop. You can connect an innumerable number of devices to your OneDrive account. Moreover, whenever you need to access files on your OneDrive, all you need is a device and an internet connection.
- Key Features:
- You can share your files on OneDrive either by sending a link to a recipient or through OneDrive “Share.”
- OneDrive provides you with 5 GB of free storage space. If you want more storage, you can create a new account and then move files from one OneDrive account to another.
- OneDrive is integrated with Windows 10. Hence, making it very lucid for users to use and configure.
- You can easily create and store files, documents, pictures, and a lot more other stuff. You can easily keep them synced as well.
After knowing about both the cloud services’ various critical features, let us know why people want to move files from one OneDrive account to another and migrate Dropbox to OneDrive. We will also check out the two ways to do it below.
Below, we have also talked about how to sync Dropbox to OneDrive. So, keep scrolling and know more.
Why should you move files from one OneDrive account to another?
It is no new fact that OneDrive is a popular and very efficient cloud service storage. With OneDrive and other cloud storage services, things have gotten simple and easy to handle and manage files. People always look for a lucid way to manage their files. Moreover, they want to save their local space as well. When cloud storages emerged, it provided people with the ultimate solution for keeping their local area. They offer an immense amount of storage space. All cloud services provide a certain amount of free storage. For OneDrive, it is 5GB; for Dropbox, it is 2 GB, and for Google Drive, it is 15 GB. If people are looking for more space, they have to make some purchases. So, due to Google Drive’s immense free storage space, people transfer Google Drive to Dropbox as well.
Moreover, if you do not want to make any purchases but still want to have more storage space, you must move files from one OneDrive account to another. You can create multiple accounts OneDrive and then move files from one OneDrive account to another.
So, let’s check out the methods by which you can transfer files between OneDrive accounts.
Methods to move files from one OneDrive account to another.
- Move files from one OneDrive account to another by copying folders manually.
This is a complicated step. If you want to move files from one OneDrive account to another, you can try attempting this step.
- Now, the first step includes signing into both accounts. So, go to your web, then sign in to your one OneDrive account. Them create a folder. Next, go to a private window and again login to another OneDrive account. Next, create a folder over there as well.
- Then, you have to use the flow template. By using the flow template, a user has to change the folder’s name. All you have to do is review the first account’s name to the folder’s name displayed in your second account.
- Now, you can test both the folder by copying files and data into them. Then, log in to your second account and check whether the folder created appears in the list.
- So, after your testing is successfully done, you have to copy all the files you wish to migrate into the other account. So, after you copy all the files, the files will appear in the second account’s folder after a while.
Hence, this is how you can manually move files from one OneDrive account to another. Moreover, if you want to do this procedure efficiently, you can download a cloud migration app like Wondershare InClowdz. So, let’s check below how you can do that.
- Move files from OneDrive account to another via Wondershare InClowdz
Wondershare InClowdz is a third-party cloud migration app. You can quickly transfer as well as sync files across various cloud service platforms. With Wondershare InClowdz, you can quickly move files from one OneDrive account to another, migrate Dropbox to OneDrive, transfer Google Drive to Dropbox, and sync Dropbox to OneDrive as well.
- First and foremost, download and install the Wondershare InClowdz app on your desktop.
- Next, click on “Migrate.”
- Then, you have to add both of your OneDrive accounts you want to migrate from and to.
- So, when you add your accounts, do the authorization automatically. This will allow this cloud migration app to work wonders.
- Once the authorization is done, choose the source and target OneDrive accounts. Also, select all the folders and files you wish to transfer. For your migrated folders and files, create a new folder on your targeted OneDrive account.
- Then, click on “Migrate” to start the migration process.
After the migration is successful, you will receive a notification. Hence, this is how you can move files from one OneDrive account to another in a lucid way.
Now, if you have a Dropbox account and want to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive, then we have provided solutions for that as well. Do not worry; we have got you covered.
Why should you transfer Dropbox to OneDrive?
With so many cloud services online, people often get confused as to which one to go for. Each cloud service has its unique features. But, specific feature set one cloud service platform different from another cloud storage service. Hence, people keep transferring and syncing data across other cloud platforms.
Users migrate Dropbox to OneDrive because of a myriad of reasons. Some of the important ones are:
- OneDrive provided 5 GB of free storage space while Dropbox provides only 2 GB of free storage space.
- OneDrive is comparatively cheaper than Dropbox. Both provide 1 TB monthly but at different prices—OneDrive for $6.99 and Dropbox for $9.99.
- Moreover, users also switch because of security and privacy, as well.
Therefore, if you have decided to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive, then there are two methods. One can be done through the Download and Upload method. And, the other method is through a cloud migration app.
Methods to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive
- Download and Upload to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive
- Open Dropbox in your web browser and then log in.
- Next, go through your Dropbox account a look for the file or folder you wish to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive. Then, after you have found it, download it by just clicking on it.
- Make sure you have already created it on your computer to store the file. Then, click on file or folder to download, locate the folder created on your computer, and then download it. Click on “Save” to begin the download process.
- After the file is downloaded, head to your file explorer and open the folder with the download file.
- Then, on your browser, log in to your OneDrive account.
- Next, drag the files you want to migrate to OneDrive and drop it. Hence, you can easily migrate Dropbox to OneDrive through this Download and Upload method.
But, if you think this a complicated method for you, then we have an easier way. You can migrate Dropbox to OneDrive with Wondershare InClowdz.
- Migrate Dropbox to OneDrive via Wondershare InClowdz
- On your computer, download and install Wondershare InClowdz.
- Next, launch Wondershare InClowdz, and log in. If you do not have an account, then create one.
- Then, on the left side, you will find the option “Migrate.” Select the source as “Dropbox” and target as “OneDrive.”
- Authorize both of your accounts by merely following the images on the screen.
- Select the source drive and select all the files and folders you wish to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive.
- Lastly, select the target drive and quickly create a folder on it. After this, click on the “Migrate” option to start transferring.
Hence, in this way, you can easily migrate Dropbox to OneDrive through this cloud migration app. Moreover, now that you have migrate Dropbox to OneDrive, you may also wish to sync Dropbox to OneDrive. We have also provided the most manageable steps to sync your files and folders with the help of WonderShare InClowdz.
How to sync Dropbox to OneDrive through WonderShare InClowdz?
Follow the steps below to sync Dropbox to OneDrive.
- Download and install Wondershare InClowdz. Sign in or create a new account on the application.
- Next, on the right-hand of your screen, you will find the option “Sync.” Now, you have to select the option “Add Cloud Drive.” By clicking on it, you have to add both of your Dropbox and OneDrive accounts.
- Next, select the source account as Dropbox and target as OneDrive.
- Lastly, after the accounts are successfully authorized, you have to click on the “Sync” button to sync Dropbox to OneDrive.
We could provide you with solutions on how to move files from one OneDrive account to another and how to migrate Dropbox to OneDrive. You can do these either by copying folders manually or by the download and upload method. Both of these methods are tough. If you want to migrate and move efficiently, you can opt for a cloud migration app like Wondershare InClowdz. With Wondershare InClowdz, you can sync files easily as well.