Most of the people today are well-acquainted with technology and have access to computers and mobile devices. The chances that they will not know what anti-virus software is or how important they are for the protection of your personal data are quite slim. Any wise individual is sure to have anti-virus software installed on their system.
Know McAfee Better
When we talk about anti-virus software, McAfee is one of the pioneers of anti-virus solution providers. Founded in 1989, it has laid the fundamentals of anti-virus programs which are now practiced by many modern anti-virus software. It provides a complete set of security products such as anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spyware programs. A user is given a variety of scans and real-time virus protections to choose from. It will keep your computer free of viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malicious threats. It is user friendly, which gives you quick access to all features. The best feature McAfee Antivirus is that with one license, you can install McAfee security software on every Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS device in your household.
Downsides of McAfee
Although it is one of the giants in this field, it also has some limitations which results in users wanting to uninstall McAfee from their systems.
Few people do not consider it an anti-virus. They consider it as a defense, but not complete protection of their computer. It starts giving alerts to the system upon any suspicious activity rather than acting against the malware. Despite introducing many new features, many customers would like to uninstall McAfee’s anti-security application. One reason is that the latest operating systems have been designed in such a way that they have an inbuilt protection system like Windows 10 has McAfee anti-security program. Most of the users would like to opt for another anti-virus security application that suits them best. Thus, resulting in the removal of the McAfee.
Takes up Memory
The principal limitation of McAfee’s anti-virus program is that it eats up most of your space. Due to which you cannot use your PC when its services are running. Although the full-PC scan feature is very detailed but as it uses so much memory that users try and avoid it. As a result, your system gets very slow. Although you are protected while browsing the internet, in the long-run, it gets slow. That is why McAfee is not the fastest anti-virus around.
McAfee’s ability to detect viruses and remove malware is much lower than its competitors. Either it is the free or paid version, both cannot detect new viruses. On a scale of ten, it has scored an average ranking for blocking threats. However it works at a fast pace when it comes to updating the anti-virus software, but at times, few Trojans have surpassed these updates and attacked the system. You also might face difficulties in installing the McAfee anti-virus on your system if it already has malware on it.
Like every other software, McAfee also requires a subscription fee after you have spent the free trial phase. This feature is often pre-installed on computers bought from the store. Then is charges $39.99 for a one-year subscription. The more advanced versions are around $45 to $50. The cost increases when you want more licenses for different PCs and company servers.
An Unwanted Add-on
There are times when you did not install MacAfee on purpose, but is there on your system. This is probably a by-product of any other software which you have installed. For instance, programs like Java and Adobe Flash player give free features of the MacAfee security scan. Although while installing, they do give you an option to opt-out most of the users usually avoid reading the complete instructions and just click the Next button.
No Customer Support
McAfee has been a failure in delivering a good customer support service to its users. Many people have opted for Amazon rather than McAfee’s website for the purchase of the software because they would not respond to any queries. This is a big flaw that has impacted customer satisfaction.
How to Uninstall McAfee Security Scan?
Considering that the downsides outweigh the benefits of McAfee, users often wish to uninstall it. If you’re among those who are struggling with downsides of McAfee, we have listed down a quick guide to help uninstall McAfee.
It is not a difficult job to uninstall McAfee. It is as simple as installing and using it. Follow this procedure and get it out of your system.
How to Uninstall McAfee in Windows 8 and below?
- Step 1: click the start button
- Step 2: Select Control Panel
- Step 3: Click on Add/Remove Programs
- Step 4: Scroll through the program list to find McAfee Security and select it.
- Step 5: Click Remove.
- Step 6: Restart your computer and make sure the program was uninstalled
How to Uninstall McAfee in Windows 10?
- Step 1: Type Settings in the Windows Search box, then select Settings.
- Step 2: Under Windows Settings, select Apps.
- Step 3: Type McAfee in the search box and select the McAfee product you would like to remove.
- Step 4: Select Uninstall.
- Step 5: Windows may request your permission to continue.
- Step 6: Restart your computer and make sure the program was uninstalled.
How to Uninstall McAfee from a Mac?
- Step 1: Find and open the Applications folder in the dock, or navigate to the folder from a Finder window.
- Step 2: Open the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller app.
- Step 3: Select the Uninstall checkbox
- Step 4: Select Continue.
- Step 5: Enter your administrator password and select OK.
- Step 6: Select Finish when the uninstallation is complete.
There are times when after removing the McAfee anti-security application, it can be still seen. If you come across such an issue or if you find these steps difficult and are unable to remove the software, then you can also opt for the McAfee Removal Tool to complete the task.
How to Uninstall McAfee from the McAfee Website?
- Step 1; Download the MCPR Tool from the McAfee website.
- Step 2: Double-click MCPR.exe after the download is complete.
- Step 3: Select Yes, Continue..
- Step 4: Select Next on the McAfee Software Removal screen.
- Step 5: Select Agree on the End User License Agreement (EULA) page.
- Step 6: Enter the characters shown on the Security Validation screen.
- Step 7: Wait for the tool to remove the software. This may take several minutes.
- Step 8: Select Restart when you see the Removal Complete message.
People today are looking for faster options that can help them get things done in lesser time. Since McAfee lacks greatly in this aspect, people are more than willing to uninstall McAfee, and we surely understand why.