Instagram is a great social media platform to spend time and for foodies, it’s an endless vault of food wisdom. Even if you’re a total whiz in the kitchen, Instagram’s resident chefs have handy tips, tricks, and sneaky secret tools worth considering. Here, we have compiled some of those food hacks straight from Instagram.
1. Remove the stem of a strawberry using a straw
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks using an empty water bottle
3. Enjoy watermelon lollies: Rather than slicing the melon into traditional triangle slices, cut it in half, then slice it into strips and stick in a toothpick
4. Dental Floss is Amazing for Cutting Soft Foods
5. An upside-down cupcake tray works great to prevent the filling from falling out when you set down your taco.
6. When you don’t have a stove and you’re really craving pancakes, a coffeemaker is a great alternative!
7. A Pair of Sturdy Tongs Will Help You Get All the Juice Out of a Lemon
8. Hungry and impatient? Cook two pizzas at the same time on one baking tray by cutting them in half
9. Use Cookie Cutters for Creative Pancakes or Egg Omelettes
10. The coolest butter softening trick EVER!
If your butter is too hard to serve or spread, place a warm glass on it. The butter will soften in a minute or two.
11. Make your own Milk and Cookie Ice Cubes
12. Use two plates to quickly slice multiple tomatoes
13. Slice your deli meat so that your sandwich has full meat-to-bread coverage
14. Use a waffle maker as a faster alternative to cooking up bacon
15. Use Ketchup Bottle as Pancake Batter Dispenser
16. Tip to keep your greens fresh for longer!
Put a paper towel in the bag, or container with your greens. The towel takes the moisture from the lettuce so that it will stay crisp for longer!!
17. Pierce a stick in a container of yogurt, then freeze it for a healthy, tasty summer snack.
18. Use Ziplock Bags to keep Ice Cream soft
19. Freeze your coffee in an ice cube tray so it doesn’t dilute your drink!
20. Sick and tired of spending lots of time slicing mangoes? Simply cut the Mango into half and slide it across a glass
21. Keep your grocery costs down by buying them in bulk when things are on sale and then freeze the extra in zip-lock bags so they don’t go bad.
23. Use chia seeds to save your oatmeal
25. An empty Dole container and mason jar make the perfect pair for a snack carrier
26. Sprinkle a layer of dried rice into your cupcake tins before putting your cases in and the rice absorbs any unwanted grease!
27. Make mess-free ice-cream sandwiches with this clever trick