Instagram is a cool and quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of photos. Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app. You can even share your Instagram pictures on most of the social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr. Instagram app is available for free in the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
- You can also Download Instagram app for PC.
Instagram is a social network that is completely based around photography. Instagram has quickly become the go-to social network within a less time bringing out everyone’s interest of capturing amazing moments and sharing them across the family and beloved ones. Whether you’re a recruiter seeking to showcase your firm’s culture, a marketer in the ecommerce industry, or an individual looking to take your Instagram game to the next level, there are tips and features in here for you. Friends Instagram captions.
Instagram – Hidden Tricks and Tips
To assist the novices and advanced Instagram users acquaint themselves with the platform, we’ve compiled a list of 15 of the lesser-known and hidden tricks of Instagram.
Hide Irrelevant Ads
Instagram, which is acquired by the giant social networking site, Facebook, stabs to show you ads that are fascinating and relevant to you. You might see ads based on people you follow and things which you like on Instagram, your information and interests on Facebook, and other third-party websites and apps that you visit on a frequent basis.
Sometimes, you come across few sponsored posts which might be irrelevant, though, you can let Instagram identify and deliberately teach its algorithm what you like and don’t like to see. If you wish to hide ads on Instagram, just follow the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Firstly, tap on the “Sponsored” label on the top right of any ad, and select “Hide this”.
Step 2: Here, it’ll ask you to share why you don’t want to see the ad anymore. You can just hit on any of the options like ‘It’s not relevant’ or something else.
Step 3: You can also opt out of seeing ads based on sites and apps off of Instagram and Facebook from your device’s settings.
Note: Even if you pick an option of not seeing such type of ads, you’ll still see ads based on your Instagram and Facebook activity.
To limit Ad tracking on an iPhone/iPad:
- Go to “Settings” and select Privacy >> Advertising. From there, enable the option “Limit Ad Tracking”.
To Turn off Interest-based Ads on Android:
- Go to Google Settings >> Ads >> choose the option to “Turn off interest-based ads.”
- Get Notifications when your Favourite People Post
Don’t want to miss a single post on Instagram from your favourite people? There is a possibility for you to choose to get a notification every time specific users post a new photo. All you have to do is turn on notifications for every individual user.
Turn ON Notifications for a Specific User:
- First of all, visit that user’s profile, and open up one of their posts.
- Click the three dots in the bottom right-hand corner of the post.
- Now click to choose “Turn on post notifications” that appears from the Menu.
Note: If you followed these instructions and still aren’t receiving notifications, double-check that you’ve allowed notifications from the Instagram app in your phone’s settings. Follow the simple steps given below:
Allow Notifications on iPhone/iPad:
- Go to Settings, from there go to Notifications. Choose Instagram >> turn on the setting to Allow Notifications.
Allow Notifications on Android:
- Go to Settings, from there, just scroll down and choose Apps >> Instagram. Hit the option to show notifications.
See all the Posts you’ve liked in PAST
Do you remember what picture you’ve liked on Instagram a couple of days back? It is quite arduous to memorize or sort out which post you’ve liked on the photo sharing app. Have you ever wanted to see the posts you’ve liked all in one place? Then, you’ve landed in the right place.
- All you have to do is go to your own Instagram profile.
- Just hit the Options button (a gear icon on iPhone/iPad and three dots on Android). Then, click on the option “Posts You’ve Liked.”
- To unlike any of the posts you’ve already liked, simply go to the post and de-select the “heart” icon right below the post.
- The user won’t be notified that you’ve unlike their post.
See Posts your Friends have Recently Liked, commented on…!
You might be aware of how to see your posts that others have liked recently. But what about the posts the people you follow have liked recently? Want to know what your favourite people have commented on others’ photos, for that matter? Just follow the steps:
To view the recent activity from the people you follow:
- Click the heart icon at the bottom of the home screen that shows which people have liked your photos.
- Then, choose the tab near the top that says “Following.”
Look at Pictures without Worrying about Liking them accidentally
You don’t have to fear anymore of accidentally liking your friend’s pictures even if you don’t wish to. This is more of a hack than a feature, but here goes: To look through someone’s Instagram photos without “double-tap paranoia,” just scroll through their feed while you’re on airplane mode. Without internet access, you won’t be able to like their photo even if you accidentally double-tap it. Though you start on airplane mode, the pictures won’t load in the first place.
- First of all, you need to go to the feed so the pictures load.
- Now, turn ON the airplane mode and then start scrolling.
- When you reach the end and need to load more pictures, just turn airplane mode off, let more load, and then turn it on again.
Turn on Airplane Mode on an iPhone/iPad:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and click the airplane icon.
- Go to Settings >> Wi-Fi >> switch Airplane Mode
Turn on Airplane Mode on an Android device:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Then, swipe from right to left until you see “Settings,” and then touch it.
- Now, touch Airplane Mode to turn it ON.
- Clear your Search History
Sometimes, we all wish we could just clear our search history on Instagram. Fortunately, there is a possibility that you could be able to clear the search history on Instagram.
To clear your search history:
- Go to your own profile and click the Options button (a gear icon on iPhone/iPad and three dots on Android).
- Just scroll down and click Clear Search History. When prompted, click Yes, I’m sure.
Hide photos you’ve been tagged in.
When someone tags you in a photo or video on Instagram, it will be automatically added to your profile under “Photos of You,” unless you choose to add tagged photos manually.
To see the posts you’ve been tagged in:
Just go to your own profile and click the person icon which is right below your profile information.
To hide the posts you’ve been tagged in from your profile:
- Once you look at the posts you’ve been tagged in, simply click the three dots in the top right of your screen and select “Edit Tags.”
- Then, select the posts you’d like to remove the tag from your profile.
- When you’re done choosing posts, click “Hide from Profile” at bottom of your screen.
- When popped up, simply click “Hide from Profile”
This won’t remove the posts themselves from Instagram completely, but it will just remove them from your profile so you and others can’t access them.
Remove photos from your photo map.
Sometimes when you post a photo you have the option of sharing the location where the photo has been taken from or the place from where you’re actually uploading the photo from. This feature is quite dangerous because whenever you post your photo, your geo-location will be revealed and posted automatically on Instagram. Through this people will come to know your exact location. So, in order to avoid that and if you don’t want others to trace out your location, you actually have an option of removing the location. Just follow the simple steps:
To Remove Location Data from Photos:
- Go to your profile and click the location pin icon under your bio.
- You’ll see the map that groups photos by where you were when you posted them.
- Go to the group of photos you’d like to go through to remove location data, click “Edit” at the top right of your map.
- Tap a grouping of photos and click “Edit” in the dropdown menu that appears.
- A new window will pop up that displays the photos from that grouping in one place.
- You can then deselect the photos from which you’d like the location data removed — either one by one, or by choosing “Deselect all.”
- Once you’ve deselected posts to your liking, hit “Done” on the top right of your screen. In the window that appears, click “Confirm.”
Limit the Data Usage
By default, Instagram preloads videos so they start faster whenever possible. If you want to reduce the amount of cellular data the Instagram app uses, you can choose not to have Instagram preload videos over cellular connections. If you choose to use less data, videos may take longer to load over a cellular connection.
To limit the data usage on Instagram:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the 3-lined icon on Android and star symbol on iPhone and then tap Mobile Data Use.
- Now, choose Default or Use less Data.
- Choosing to use less data won’t affect the way Instagram works when you’re using Wi-Fi.
The app enables you to go back and edit captions on your posts (including their location). Instagram says this has been “one of the top requests that we’ve heard from the community.”
- To change a caption, locate the new Edit option in the menu below your picture.
- All you have to do is simply tap it, tweak your caption, and hit ‘Done’.
These are the simple, cool and hidden tricks of Instagram which you are not aware of. Hope these tricks and tips helps you know much about Instagram, the photo sharing application.