There are countless department store chains throughout the United States, and one of these is JCPenney. This midscale company has hundreds of chains across the country as well as in Puerto Rico, selling all kinds of merchandise and other products that you’d usually find in malls. JCPenney also has a wide array of departments that sell fine jewelry, along with well-known stores like Sephora.
Many companies in the United States have online portals specifically for their employees. In the case of JCPenney, the company and its staff have the JCPAssociates Kiosk. If you’re a new JCPenney employee and you want to learn more about this online portal, or if you’re considering applying to work for the company and need more details, keep reading to learn everything you need to know.
What is the JCPAssociates Kiosk?
JCPAssociates is essentially an employee management website where JCPenney’s staff can log into if they want to gain access to all kinds of information regarding their employment. If you’re an employee, you’ll be able to check your schedule, your available leave credits, MTO, PTO, JTime, 401(k) plans, health benefits, and more. In a way, it’s somewhat similar to Target and how it has the TargetPayandBenefits portal for its workers.
Even former employees will still have access to this site, as they can find and print previous paystubs from the Kiosk, or the W-2/W-2c Forms if needed.
Let’s talk about benefits! As an employee, one of the most important factors you think about when choosing a company to work for are the benefits it could offer you. Fortunately, JCPenney has its fair share of benefits, and even the JCPAssociates Kiosk itself already offers some.
- JCPAssociates offers JCPenney employees massive discounts, and it varies depending on what kind of employee you are. The general staff can receive a discount of up to 25% on all the available products, while the all-star employees can shave as much as 30% off.
- As mentioned, the Kiosk allows you to check your work schedule. This schedule is provided by the administration, so it’s important that you check your account every now and then to remind yourself of your schedule. This can be incredibly useful for new workers.
- The benefits you receive as a worker—dental benefits, pension plan, medical benefits, health insurance, etc—are also extended to your immediate family.
Guide to Logging In
If you’re a new employee and you’re still learning the ropes, there’s no need to worry. Below you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to login to your JCP Associate Kiosk account.
- Open up your most-preferred web browser.
- Head over to the Kiosk’s official site at www.jcpassociates.com.
- Once the page loads, the first thing you’ll see is a list of links that will lead you to different parts of the Kiosk. Since you want to login to your account, click on the first link which says “Associate Kiosk @ Home.”
- You’ll be redirected to the Login page, where you’ll be asked to enter your User Name and Password.
- After typing in your credentials correctly, tap the “Login” button and you’re all set.
Ways to Avoid Login Issues
Sometimes, things beyond our control happen out of nowhere. For instance, there may be times when you keep trying to login to your JCPAssociates account but to no avail. However, there are some troubleshooting steps you can do to try and fix the problems. Sometimes, some of the site’s login issues stem from these, so it’s worth checking out.
Check Your Internet Connection
First and foremost, you need to check your internet connection. You might not have noticed it, but perhaps your WiFi network is down, or perhaps the wire to your router got loose. Check everything thoroughly. If you find that there’s nothing wrong with your wires and nothing is loose, refresh the page or try to load a completely different website to see if it connects. If it does, then there’s a chance that the JCPAssociates Kiosk is the one with the problem, and you should just check back later.
Ensure Your Credentials Are Correct
If the Kiosk refuses to log you in and claims there’s an error, the next best thing is to double check your credentials. Keep in mind that passwords are always case sensitive, so see if you accidentally typed in a lowercase letter when it should have been a capital one. Also check if you accidentally turned on capslock—if your password isn’t in all caps, then you should turn this off. After double-checking, re-enter your User Name and Password.
Update the Browser You’re Using
If you’ve tried the previous tips and you’re still having trouble logging in, make sure that the browser you’re using is updated. If it already is, try clearing the browser’s cache and cookies before trying again. You can also try to open up an incognito version of your browser, or perhaps use a completely different browser.
How to Reset Your JCPAssociates Password
In case you forgot your JCPAssociates password, it’s fairly easy to retrieve this vital information. You can follow this same procedure if someone happens to gain access to your password and consequently, your Kiosk account.
- Open up your browser and head over to the JCPAssociates Login page.
- On the left side of the Login form, you’ll find a link that says “I want to change my password or reset my lost password.”
- After clicking the link, you will be asked to enter your employee ID. Your ID will be 9 digits. Click on Search after typing that information in. (Note: if you can’t remember what your employee ID is, feel free to call JCPenney’s customer service at 1-900-879-1111).
- If you’ve reached this point, JCPAssociates will ask you a security question. Type in the answer you set when you first created your Kiosk account. If you somehow didn’t set up a security question during account registration, you can go ahead and call customer service again.
- Read through the Terms & Agreements that will pop up.
- Click the check box that says “I Agree,” and then tap “Continue.”
- Type in your new password. Make things final by clicking on the “Change Password” button.
- Return to www.jcpassociates.com and log in using your new password.
There you have it—vital information needed regarding the JCPAssociates Kiosk. These will surely be useful for both old and new employees, as the Kiosk contains everything you need and more as a JCPenney employee.