In this modern age, most businesses make use of online payroll services to make it easier for HR to manage all the employees and to relay all kinds of information conveniently. One of these services is called Paychex Flex, a payroll application specifically designed with small businesses in mind—up to 50 employees. There are three different plans available, namely Paychex Go, Paychex Flex Select, and Paychex Flex Enterprise.
These three plans all offer users with a complete payroll service experience. This includes being able to process and remit all the needed tax forms and payments. Other than payroll-related services, small businesses can also utilize Paychex Flex for HR resources.
If you’re an employee who’s part of either the Paychex Flex Select or Paychex Flex Enterprise plan, you’ll be able to use the mobile app that’s available for either iOS or Android. What’s great about this is that you can process your payroll from whichever device you’re comfortable with. There are all kinds of features available too, including time tracking, new hire reporting, tax administration, and even a dashboard specifically designed for accounting professionals.
Creating a Paychex Account
If you’re a new employee, you’re probably excited to dive in and explore the many features of Paychex Flex. But first, you need to create an account. The process is straightforward—simply follow the steps below:
- Open up your browser of choice and type in http://www.paychex.com/login/. You will be redirected to a page that asks you to choose your Paychex login.
- From there, you can either go straight to the “Paychex Flex login” link for admins and employees, or choose another Paychex systems.
- If you chose the former, you will be redirected to a Login form.
- To register or create an account, click on the “Sign-Up” link.
- Fill in all the required information, such as your personal information, security information, etc.
- After successfully creating an account, you’ll be sent back to the Login page so that you can start accessing your account.
How to Use the App
Thanks to the Paychex Flex app, you and other employees can easily access your account. What’s more, the experience isn’t a that different from the desktop or laptop version. The app has everything you need concerning your Paychex Flex account, and can be accessed at anytime and anywhere. Of course, you’ll need to have a registered account already if you want to be able to login to the app. If you don’t want to sign up using the above-mentioned steps, you can also sign up through the mobile app by tapping on “More” from the Login screen and then choosing “Sign Up.”
Let’s delve deeper into this app and its many features.
Through the app, you’ll be given dashboard access to your account. You can even read system messages through the app, and access all kinds of personal and employee data such as:
- Time off: You can review your personal and vacation time off credits or balance.
- Paychex Time: If you’re utilizing the Paychex Flex Time, you’ll be able to see and keep tabs on what your punch status is at that moment.
- Check Pay Stubs: You can take a look at your check information, such as deductions, withholdings, earnings, and more.
- Retirement: For this option, you can either check your plan history like loan information, investment balance, and more, or manage your contributions for your retirement.
- Health and Benefits: You can also review details regarding your health and benefits, and other information like coverage, eligibility, guides, and more.
- Tax Documents: Review different forms available, namely the W-2 form or the 1099-MISC.
- My Profile: In this section, you can edit and manage personal information such as your password, security questions, and other details. You can also check your employment status here.
- FSA: Learn more about other information concerning reimbursements, elections, debit cards, and dependent care account balances, among others.
That being said, it’s worth mentioning that there may be some features mentioned here that you won’t find on your app. This is because what you see on your dashboard depends on your company and what it has subscribed to. For instance, if the company you work for didn’t subscribe to the Paychex Time feature, you won’t be able to see it on your dashboard.
The Paychex Flex app cares for your security and safety. As such, the app will automatically log you out if the app has been idle for at least 30 minutes already. If this happens, you’ll just have to login again from the Login screen. If you want to log out of your account manually, you can do so by tapping on the app’s Menu and choosing “Logout.”
Given this information, it looks like Paychex Flex is a highly useful app and website that allows companies to focus their time and energy on other matters, while the employees—such as yourself—remain informed and won’t feel like left behind.