Playing games on the giant social networking platform is very common. There are plenty of popular games on Facebook and among the massive games available on this site, Farmville and Candy Crush Saga have exploded in fame and huge popularity on Facebook over the years. You might have played lots of games on Facebook but, most users probably aren’t aware of the hidden secret game inside the company’s Messenger app. Did you know that Facebook has been hiding a chess game in the Facebook Messenger that lets you do more than just send private messages and make calls? But, if you think so, then you are wrong.
There is something more that you might not have noticed ever on Facebook messenger. It has been revealed that you can also play a friendly game of chess within the Messenger app and it just takes one simple step to unlock the feature. The hidden game on the Messenger is not the best online chess experience, but it’s a fun little Easter egg to play around with. Here is a detailed guide on how to play the hidden Chess game inside the Facebook Messenger.
What actually one can do with Facebook Messenger?
- Chat with your friends
- Send GIFs, stickers, and photos
- Make video calls
- Send people money in Facebook Messenger
Hidden game on Facebook Messenger
Wondering that you can play a Chess game on the Facebook Messenger? Yes, it is possible. Facebook had made it to the reality by creating a hidden built-in functionality in Facebook Messenger that allows you to play Chess with your buddies without the necessity of installing a third-party app. It just takes one simple step to unlock this hidden game.
and play it on the Facebook Messenger while chatting with your friends.
How to Play the Hidden Game on your Messenger?
Follow the simple instructions below to unlock the chess game feature and get started on this ancient game which is based on the war strategy.
- Initially, start a conversation with one of your friends and type [email protected] play” into the chat box.
- During the conversation, a small square box which is nothing but the chess board appears in the Messenger window.
- The person who opened the game would be assigned “White” side, to make the first movement.
- There are some standard algebraic notations. Check out below:
- B for “Bishop”
- R for “Rook”
- Q for “Queen”
- K for “King”
- N for “Knight”
- P for “Pawn”
- To move a piece, type any of the letter mentioned above and space on the board that corresponds to the move you wish to make along the vertical axes.
- For example: If you need to move a pawn to the space labeled F3 on the board, you would type “@fbchess Pf3.”
- If you need any assistance, you could refer to the help section by issuing the command “@fbchess help” for the possible commands.
- It turns out that the commands are case sensitive. The board itself will update and notify you whether it is your turn to play.
- You can even have an option of choosing an undo for any of your a move with “@fbchess undo” command or by clicking the “undo” button. But your opponent player has to accept the request to undo.
- If you want to get the chess board larger in size, just tap the settings gear and select “See full conversation.”
The game would also let you have a conversation while playing the game with your friend, resumes the game by issuing the game commands. Facebook Chess is currently available for both mobile and web platforms and it eliminates the necessity to download it separately. This new prolific Time Killer Game begin to entertain its users by intensifying your brain while having a chat with your partner evenly.