Snapchat is one of the most popular video sharing applications that allows you to take photos, add text, record videos and share them across your friends and beloved ones which can only be viewed for a few seconds. And, here’s How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Snapchat? This is the most unique and amazing feature of this video sharing app where the photos that you send or receive are only supposed to be displayed for 10 seconds before they are erased permanently. It also lets you chat with your friends just like the Facebook Messenger.
You can communicate with your friends only through photographs that also they can see it for a few seconds before they vanish forever without leaving any kind of traces on either of your phones. Recently, the app has got some latest updates with unique and interesting features like Discover Messages for its users. Snapchat has acquired much popularity among millions of users just because of the idea that you can’t recover your messages after the timer. But how precise is this actually? Can you retrieve deleted Snapchat message?
However, it is truly possible for anyone to recover photos and videos once they have been removed? Yes, it is possible! Here are numerous ways to help you recover Snapchat photos or video so that even if the data has been deleted, there is still a possibility to get the data recovered. Here is a detailed guide that shows you how to retrieve old Snapchat messages quickly with much ease.
Snapchat – Video Sharing App
Snapchat is the fastest way to share joyful moments with your friends. Snapchat provides a unique feature where you can control how long your friends can view your message for which you need to set the timer up to ten seconds and send it to whoever you want. Snapchat is easy to use application and the latest version 126.96.36.199 is available for the Android users.
How to Recover Data on Snapchat?
Snapchat is a popular application that lets you take photos, videos and share them with your friends. This app allows you to send photos so that the recipient could be able to view it for a specified amount of time and gets erased permanently. Although the Snapchat messages disappear from your Snapchat app, they are never actually deleted from your phone. Here are two methods to recover or retrieve the deleted data or messages on Snapchat. Check it out!
Method 1: Recover Deleted Data on Snapchat
Even if you delete messages on Snapchat, they are stored on your device’s memory with a .nomedia extension. This type of extension means that all other apps should disregard it. In short, it seems like the photos and videos do not exist as they are deleted. However, they still remain on your phone. It is pretty much simple to get access to these files again.
Step 1: File Manager
- If you wish to recover Snapchat messages from your phone you need to rename the files so that the .nomedia extension can be removed.
- This can be done using a file manager application. You can find the best File Manager apps on the Google play store, or else you can either download an APK from the Internet.
- If you are using an Apple device then you will need to jailbreak your phone and find an appropriate file manager app.
- Some of the best file manager applications are Astro File Managers, OI file manager and File Expert.
Step 2 – Renaming the File
- Explore for the files with nomedia extension on your device. All kinds of apps simply ignore this file type, which makes the data is invisible. These will be all your messages from Snapchat.
- Select each and every message and rename them to remove the extension.
- This should let other apps index and display the thumbnails so that you can view them again.
- Just dig it up so that you can find the deleted data and recover Snapchat pictures.
Method 2: Using Dumpster App
The dumpster is a Google Play Store app that works as the recycle bin on your android phone. Dumpster gives you the ability to recover deleted content from your Android device that includes images, vids, audio, pdf, zip, mp3, mp4, ppt, doc, avi, mpg, jpg, rar and all common file types. There is no need to root your device and even Internet connection is absolutely not required! This is the best app that is capable of retrieving your deleted data on your Snapchat.
- Initially, install the Dumpster app on your Android mobile device.
- Then, open Snapchat photos or videos.
- Now, you need to go to the Dumpster app where you can find the snap photos or videos.
- Simply turn ON the Dumpster app so that you can find the Snapchat videos or photos on Dumpster.
Note: This method only works if you haven’t opened the Snapchat photos or videos earlier.
How to recover Snapchat data on iOS?
To recover Snapchat messages from an Apple product like an iPhone or an iPad, use the iPhone Data Recovery app by FoneLab. This app can help you get the deleted data recovered from your iPhone or iPad.
You can use this app to recover data from various apps. In this tutorial, we will use to recover Snapchat Data from iPhones.
Steps to follow to recover Snapchat data from iOS device:
- Download and install the FoneLab tool on your Windows PC or Mac
- Connect the iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) to your computer using a USB cable
- Once the phone enters Recovery from iOS device mode, a Start Scan button appears on your device.
- Press the “Start Scan” button to start scanning.
- After the scanning process is completed, select the section from the menu that you want to recover the data. In this case, select “Snapchat messages”
- Now select all the deleted messages you want to want to recover and click the recover button to retrieve the deleted information.
- Select the destination folder and wait until the Snapchat messages are recovered.
How to recover Snapchat messages on Android?
FoneLab also makes a data recovery tool for Android devices. We can easily use the FoneLab tool to recover Snapchat messages from Android devices.
Follow these simple steps to recover Snapchat messages on android:
- Download and install the FoneLab Android Data Recovery Tool for Windows Pc or Mac
- Go to your phone settings and enable the USB debugging mode on your Andoird device.
- Then using a USB cable, connect your android phone to the computer.
- The FoneLab program will detect your Android device
- Go to Android Data Recovery tab and select “Contacts and Messages”
- Your phone will be rooted once you select the option
- Next, you will see the deleted messages
- Select the required deleted messages, and click on the Recover button
- Your will messages will be recovered.
These are the two simple methods to recover or retrieve deleted data like photos and videos on Snapchat. Hope this tutorial guides you in the best way to recover or retrieve deleted photos and videos on Snapchat video sharing app. Enjoy Snapping!
- Top 6 Snapchat Hacks and Tricks You Must Know
- Longest Snapchat Streak 2018 | What Is Snapchat Streak and How To Increase It
- What Do The Numbers In Snapchat Mean? | Snapchat Score and More
- Emoji Meanings In WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat | English Emoticon Meaning
- Snapchat to Re-design the App to Make it User-Friendly!