If you are new to the digital marketing industry or just getting started, you may or may not be familiar with SEO. SEO, short for search engine optimization, is a marketing strategy every digital business should follow. But why?
SEO increases the quality and quantity of organic traffic to your website. Not only is this great because it costs nothing to do, but it can increase your site ranking on Google, allowing more consumers to find you organically. If a customer finds you through unpaid searches, your business will appear much more trustworthy and credible, and you don’t have to worry about paying for ads.
The four elements of SEO
SEO is a pretty simple strategy once you get used to it. There are four elements that need to be considered when setting up and running your website.
- Content: The content you have on your site should be unique and relevant to what your customer is searching for. If you have high-quality content on your website, your brand reputation will improve and could spark conversation.
- On-page SEO: On-page SEO refers to the process of optimizing your web pages with relevant keywords which customers will be looking for, descriptive URLs, and capturing meta descriptions.
- Off-page SEO: Off-page SEO refers to the actions taken outside of your website which will improve your site’s rankings. This involves link-building from other websites and high-authority sources. This may be one of the hardest elements of SEO. However, it is crucial to develop strong organic rankings in search engine results/
- Technical SEO: Technical SEO involves improving the overall crawl ability, indexability, and ranking ability. This will make your website more appealing to Google.
How can SEO benefit your business?
If you want to spend less money on Google or Paid Ads, mastering SEO is key. The time spent investing in SEO can prove to have many significant advantages, such as:
- Improved and increased website rankings
- Better website visibility
- Increase the quality of traffic to the website
- Increase in quality of traffic
- High conversion rates
- Increase in return on investment
Search engines will essentially penalize your website if you don’t take the important SEO steps, that is why it is so important to get it right. If you are looking for help with SEO, it could be a wise option to choose a digital marketing agency that specializes in SEO and digital strategy. Our Digital Team is made up of qualified, award-winning SEO experts with over 20 years of experience in the digital marketing industry. If your website is not achieving results like you would like it to, get your FREE 15-minute consultation and improve your rankings today.