Seren is one of the many add-ons available for Kodi. Add-ons in general are great because they allow you to easily and seamlessly stream movies and TV shows back to back—it’s essentially like Netflix, but the difference is that you can use it for free. What makes Seren stand out from the rest of the add-ons is that you’ll need to have a Real Debrid or Premiumize account if you want to install and use it on Kodi.
You’ll be able to install the Seren add-on whether you have a Kodi 18 Leia or a 19 Matrix, and you can even follow similar if not the same steps. That being said, it’s best to keep in mind that Kodi 19 Matrix is still in its early pre-release stages, and at the same time, Seren 2.0 is fairly new too. As such, you can expect a couple of bugs and glitches, but these will surely be fixed as time goes on.
With that in mind, follow these steps carefully to install the Seren add-on to your Kodi.
Seren Addon Installation Process
As mentioned, you need to have a Real Debrid or a Premiumize account in order to use this add-on. Make sure you create one beforehand. We recommend that you choose Real Debrid over Premiumize, as it’s more affordable and even offers unlimited access.
- Open the Kodi app.
- On the home screen, you’ll find an icon that looks like a cog. Click on it to go to the Settings.
- Choose System.
- Select the Add-ons and turn on the Unknown Sources option if it’s still disabled.
- Click Yes when you see the pop-up dialogue box.
- Press back until you reach the System page again. Choose File Manager.
- Tap on the Add source option.
- Select <None> and enter https://nixgates.github.io/packages
- Give the media source your name of choice. Make sure it’s a name that you can easily identify, as you’ll need to select this file later.
- Head back to the System screen again.
- Tap on Add-ons then Install from zip file.
- Click Yes when a prompt appears.
- Choose the name you gave to the media source.
- Select nixgates.repository.zip
- Wait a few moments while the repository gets installed. A notification will appear once it’s done.
- Afterward, select the Install from repository option.
- Select Nixgates Repo and then Video add-ons.
- Choose Seren and then click Install.
- Tap OK and wait for another prompt to appear.
- Click NO followed by OK.
- Choose OK again.
- Voila! You’ve successfully installed the Seren addon.
Setting up the Seren Addon
After installing the add-on, you need to set it up or else you won’t be able to properly stream movies and shows. These steps will also teach you how to authorize and enable Real Debrid or Premiumize, depending on which one you want to use. That being said, here’s how you set up the Seren addon on Kodi:
- Open up the Seren add-on and then click on the Tools menu.
- This will open up another list of options. Select Open Settings Menu.
- Depending on which one you’re going to use, turn on either Enable Real-Debrid or Enable Premiumize. If you have both, you can enable both.
- If you’re using Real Debrid, click the section that says Authorize. If you’re using Premiumize, however, you’ll need to enter an API code. This is a PIN that you’ll be able to find somewhere in your account.
- Head over to https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the code. If you’re using a VPN, make sure that it’s turned off when you’re in the authorizing stage of this process. You can turn it back on once you’re done setting up.
- Click OK.
- Head back to the Tools screen in Seren and then select Click Provider Tools.
- Choose Manage Provider Packages.
- Tap Install Package and choose Web Location.
- Type in this URL on the provided field: http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers
- Click OK and then Install.
- Return to the screen where the Open Settings Menu option is located.
- Select Playback and then change to Source Select. We recommend that you do this, as you will be able to select which source you want to play from.
- On the Scraping menu, change Preferred Cloud Location to your service of choice.
- Scroll down until you find the Minimum Sources option. Change this to 20 so that the add-on offers more sources you can choose from.
- When you decide on which source to choose, take note of the file size because a smaller file size means that there will be less buffering involved.
- That’s all! You can now make use of Seren and all the features that come with it.
Congratulations! It’s time for you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the Seren addon on Kodi. These steps are fairly simple and straightforward, so you shouldn’t encounter any issues with them as long as you follow them carefully. You don’t really need to use a VPN to use this particular add-on, but if you want to remain anonymous as you stream free content, you may want to look for a reliable one. There are tons available for free as well.