Speedfan is a system monitor installed in a computer that functions to read temperatures, voltages, and fan speed. The software designed for Microsoft Windows alters the fan speed in a computer-based on the temperature of various components. Additionally, it displays system variables as charts and also works as an indicator in the system tray.
Speedfan acquires unique features for hard disk support and hard disk online analysis. Let’s have a look at these features.
Hard Disk Support
Speedfan functions to monitor S.M.A.R.T analyses for SATA, EIDE, and SCSI hard disks. It starts with a 4.35 version and supports the Areca RAID controllers fully. However, version 4.38 completely supports AMCC/3ware SATA and RAID controllers.
In-Depth Online Analysis
In-depth online analysis is yet another feature of the program, The feature compares hard disk S.M.A.R.T data to a database while acquiring statistical models of hard disc. Thus, it allows early recognition of potentially degraded hard disc running in the computer. Additionally, the users are notified concerning the specific situation and problems, preventing further damage.
Step by Step Installation Guide
- Step 1: First, download the installer from a reputable and trusted link. It is a freeware program that means that it doesn’t require any money for the installation. Once the download is ready, click to open it and allow the installation process to complete.
- Step 2: For its efficient use and a better understanding of the temperature curve, and turning them completely off when needed, you are suggested to set the manual control. In this way, you will be able to recognize the hazards and warning in time. Next, rename them accordingly in the ‘fans’ tab.
- Step 3: Next, head on to the advanced tab. Now, check on the motherboard fan controlling hardware. Note that if it is selected properly or not. Also, for PWM controlling option, select the manual mode.
- Step 4: In this step, you are allowed to set the minimum speed value at which the fans should spin. Besides, now set the max fan speed in the ‘speeds’ tab.
- Step 5: Next, you are required to open the ‘fan control’ tab and try to set up a speed curve for every fan available on the computer. Be careful while setting up, and select the mobo controlling hardware and CPU temperature prob. This is because the speedfan identifies all the sensors related to temperature and headers available on your computer.
- Step 6: Once you have completed this, open a heavy application. This is because; it raises the temperature, allowing you to test if the controlling suite and whether it is working properly or not.
- Step 7: In the end, all you have to do is to go to a startup folder and create a shortcut of the program.
However, if you face any difficulty following the above-mentioned process, you can take help from the second detailed step guide, listed as follows:
- Step 1: Open the motherboard, and sort out all the electric control fans. This is important because if you don’t opt for it, your computer might hang up at any uncertain time and, it might cause significant damage.
- Step 2: Go to Google and enter speedfan download. A list of links is displayed. Click the one you find reliable to download the Microsoft Windows program. The program is freeware and downloaded instantly.
- Step 3: Once downloading is complete, check the motherboard and make sure that it scans different sensors.
- Step 4: On the right side, click the configure button. Now, set the value up to 100 percent at the program location. If the switch remains unchecked and you press to exit, the settings might turn back to the previous ones. Additionally, the same is the case with temperatures – it will not rise.
- Step 5: For turning the fan on maximum speed, set the Delta value. In case you don’t opt for this, you won’t be able to set the maximum value of the fan.
- Step 6: Press the Advanced tab in this step. A chip selection tab is displayed, select them accordingly.
- Step 7: Now, you can alter the speed of the fan. However, keep in mind that the rate is not kept less than 30%. This is because, below 30, the rotation of the fan is stopped.
- Step 8: Next, set the maximum and minimum speed while keeping advantage in your mind.
- Step 9: Tick the Automatically Variated box. You are also allowed to rename it and then press the F2 Key.
- Step 10: You can now set up the temperature for your device.
- Step 11: If your computer components aren’t cool enough, experiment with different temperatures. Experiment with few fan speeds and select one.
- Step 12: In the end, create a shortcut of the program in the startup folder.
You can follow any of the two guides to install and set up the Speedfan program. Both the processes are easy and simple, offering a clear picture of the program. And if you follow our lead, you can set the program easily without any hassle.
Speedfan is an extremely powerful and customizable sensor program that monitors fan control utility. It functions to work with a huge range of motherboards and ensures that your computer doesn’t get affected due to temperature extremes. Our comprehensive guide tells you about the installation and downloading of the program. Once you set up the program you can easily monitor the temperatures, voltage of your motherboard, and hard disc, saving your device from any considerable damage.