As an employee, one thing you’d probably want to ensure before applying for a company is whether they have a good benefits package. Let’s take the massive American retail corporation, Target, for example. It’s a retailers platform that probably has everything you could ever want, need, and more—from electronics, clothing items, to groceries, and most things in between. If you’re one of Target’s many employees, you can rest easy knowing that this company has got your back when it comes to the benefits you can avail.
TargetPayandBenefits is Target’s employee portal, where as a member of staff, you can log in and access a variety of information. For the past years, Target has made an effort to put special attention on its employees and the benefits they can receive. As a matter of fact, the company announced last year that it would be increasing its minimum wage to $15, which is significantly more than other competing companies.
The company is pretty widespread as well. In February 2019 alone, Target already had 1,844 stores across the United States. As for its employees, there were over 360,000 as of last year. Despite its massive number of staff members, Target still makes an effort to show how much it cares through its special Benefits program.
In order to receive the benefits you deserve as an employee of Target, you must first be a full-time worker for the company. In other words, you need to be working at least 35 hours to 40 hours within one week. If you happen to work more than 40 hours, you’d receive bonus benefits like individual consideration and dental consideration, among many other benefits.
List of Benefits
The benefits listed below are some of the most common ones that many Target employees make use of. Other than these, staff members will also be given access to special and beneficial resources that will help in terms of career development. These resources will be available for free, and include learning and leadership resources, among many others.
- Medical Plans
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Team Member Life Resources (TMLR)
- Grand Rounds
- Livongo Disease Management Program
- Rx Savings Solutions
- UnitedHealthcare Bullseye Health Spot team
- Flu Shots
- Well-being Rewards
- Maternity Support Program
- Real Appeal
- TGT 401(k)
- Executive Deferred Compensation Plan (EDCP)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Direct Deposit
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Group Legal
Benefits Outside of Work
- Time Off
- Paid Family Leave
The requirements needed in order to create a Target account are fairly easy to get your hands on. If you don’t have an account yet, then you need to secure the following:
- A valid user ID and password from the HR department or from your administrator. This will be given to when you start working for the company.
- Your date of birth, as well as the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN).
- Any smart or electronic gadget that can access the internet, such as a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Remember: Individuals who don’t work for Target won’t be able to create an account or log into the portal.
Registering for a TargetPayandBenefits Account
Now that you have all the requirements needed, follow the steps bellow in order to create your personal account for the online portal.
- Choose the browser you’re most comfortable with and type in http://targetpayandbenefits.com/ in the search bar.
- Click “Log On,” and this will redirect you to the site’s Login page.
- Since you need to create an account first, tap on the link that says “New User?”
- After doing so, you’ll be redirected to another website wherein you’ll need to type in the last 4 digits of your SSN as well as your birth date.
- Click Next after submitting the details.
- You’ll be requested to provide even more personal data, such as your phone number, address, and other information.
- If the website doesn’t encounter any error with the data you’ve entered, then you should see a confirmation that you’ve been successfully registered.
- Keep your user ID and password to yourself, and ensure that you don’t share it with anyone else to avoid any issues.
Now that you have finally been registered on TargetPayandBenefits, you’ll be able to log into your account in order to gain access to exclusive information that’s only for Target employees. If you need assistance in this department, follow the steps below:
- Once again, type in and enter the website for TargetPayandBenefits on your browser of choice.
- Click on the link that says “Log On.”
- Enter your correct user ID and Password.
- Simply click on the Log On button to submit your credentials. If you were able to enter the correct information, you’ll be sent to the Home page of your account.
If you need further information regarding TargetPayandBenefits and your queries can’t be answered through the website, then you can go ahead and call the company’s official Contact Center. The phone number is 800-828-5850, but you’ll need to provide your SSN before you’re able to set up a proper call. As long as you carefully follow the basic instructions that are provided while on-call, then you should be able to receive quick guidance and assistance from Target’s customer service team.
In conclusion, TargetPayandBenefits is a great incentive for those who work for Target. Not only does the company offer a significantly higher minimum wage than other retailers, but its employee portal is also easy to use and offers great insight into what your benefits are as a staff member.
Hopefully, this article was able to provide you with everything you need to know about TargetPayandBenefits, along with details on registration and how to log in. If you stumble across any issues while following the steps on your own, you can either refer back to the above-mentioned steps or check-in with Target’s customer service team for extra guidance.