Work is stress. This is an unarguable fact. It can take a toll on your physical and mental health. However, you can avoid the health hazards at the workplace and enjoy better health, if you follow a few important tips.
Tips to stay healthy at work and in good shape
How to stay physically healthy?
- Make sure you are comfortable with repetitive actions. Typing, clicking mouse, etc. are repetitive actions. If you are not comfortable, it may cause pain and injury. If you are involved with the frequent clicking motion of the mouse, you should go for a mouse with armrest. If you are involved with continuous typing, you should make sure that your chair is comfortable. Your back should be supported, and your arms should be rested well.
- Do you keep on staring at your computer screen? Your eye needs to be protected from overstraining. Overstraining may cause dryness in the eye, blurred vision, and headaches, etc. You should have the best monitor that does not cause eye strain. HD monitors, LCD monitors, and flat-screen monitors do not overstrain your eyes.
- Don’t remain sitting for hours together. This will increase the risk of back pain, diabetes and obesity. Get up from the chair every 30 to 45 minutes. Go for a small walk and stretch before resuming your desk job.
- Say goodbye to high-calorie snacks. They are the main culprits for your weight gain. Replace candies and potato chips with fruits, carrots, and cucumbers.
- Make sure you don’t forget to drink water. Air-conditioned office rooms prevent you from feeling thirsty. However, if you don’t drink an adequate amount of water, you will suffer from several health issues.
- Do you know your keyboard is full of bacteria? Bacteria from your fingers can enter your body and may cause several health issues. Use antibacterial wipes to clean the keyboards every day.
- How long is your lunch break? If you have enough time for a walk, make sure you don’t miss your walk. Does your workplace have a treadmill or a gym? Make full use of it.
How to stay mentally healthy?
Are you feeling stressed? Take a break. Go on a vacation. You should know your limits. You should analyze your moods. If you feel you are feeling irritated frequently, you should take a break as early as possible.
How to stay physically and mentally happy?
Sleep well. This is an essential requirement for your overall health. If you don’t sleep well, you will feel stressed, and you will not be able to give your best at the workplace. Is your mattress comfortable enough for a good sleep? If not, buy the right mattress that offers maximum support and comfort. How to buy the right mattress? Find your next mattress by reading online.
6 Best Free Sleep Tracking Apps For Andriod and iOS
Get sufficient sleep and plenty of exercises make sure that you stay healthy at home and work. Your good health is the primary ingredient for the best performance at work.
This post was last modified on February 7, 2017 5:30 pm