PDF (Portable Document Format) is an open standard file format that is used to display information, present files, and exchange documents on a range of devices in a uniform way. All files saved in PDF format can be viewed across different devices similarly without the file format has to adjust according to the operating system, application, software, and hardware specifications. This characteristic makes PDF one of the most reliable and cost-effective solutions for businesses and individuals likewise, who operate in a dynamic working environment and need to present work in portable file formats frequently.
Whether users create a file or just convert it, they all need a reliable pdf editor to edit, adjust, and come up with a very well presented final document. There are a number of pdf editor software available in the market. The top 5 of them are listed below with an in-depth examination of the benefits they offer.
The first PDF editor which tops this list is PDFelement. It has been designed by Wondershare and launched in 2003 initially. PDFelement is designed to provide cutting edge solutions to the technological needs of businesses and individuals when it comes down to communicating and transporting ideas through document creation in the PDF file formats. Its latest version PDFelement Pro 7 has been released recently and allows users to not only create and edit but also merge, OCR and fill in already created documents in the PDF format.
Additionally, it comes at a very affordable price for both Windows and Mac users. Users get a 50% discount provided by iSkysoft on the purchase of its latest PDFelement version who are on this site. In addition to the 50% discount, users also get access to the perpetual license of getting PDFelement.
- PDFelement, unlike many other PDF editing software, is compatible with more than one operating system. These include Microsoft Windows and Mac.
- It is one of the most affordable PDF editing software out there with the satisfaction that the price paid will be delivering the value perceived by the users.
- PDFelement allows its users to create documents, edit, fill forms, annotate, OCR, merge files, convert, collect digital signatures, add images, links, redact confidential information, and password protection for high profile documents.
- Additionally, it also allows making comments, putting stamps, page extractions, highlighting text, drawing images, and inserting text.
- The best part is that the clients who decide to purchase this software via the link mentioned get a 50% discount which makes it even more affordable as a deal.
- Crashes occasionally while loading on smartphones.
- It is compatible with two operating systems only as compared to some of its contemporaries which run on multiple operating software.
Nitro PDF Software
The second PDF editing software on the list is Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF, just like any other PDF editing software, enables users to create and edit documents in the PDF file format. It was developed by Nitro Software Inc. and is compatible with Microsoft Windows operating system only. Nitro PDF is commercial software that offers two versions; one is the propriety version called the Nitro Pro and the other is called Nitro Reader which is a freeware. The latest version of Nitro Pro is called Nitro Pro 12 and offers its clients a more facilitated digital workflow.
- It has a freeware version called Nitro Reader.
- Nitro Pro offers password protection for sensitive documents.
- Nitro PDF software allows its users to blackout, blur or hide the confidential information that they do not want other readers to have access to within the document.
- Nitro PDF software allows a well-structured collaboration.
- Nitro PDF software cannot only create PDF files from scratch but also export them to other Microsoft Office programs such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- It is compatible with one operating system only which is MS Windows.
- It is available in English language only.
Soda PDF is a PDF file editor software developed by a Canadian software house called LULU Software Limited. It was initially launched in 2010 and primarily performs functions such as creating, converting, merging and splitting PDFs.
- Soda PDF is available in 8 languages.
- User-friendly and is easy to be used once installed.
- Smooth file conversions from other file formats to PDF.
- Compatible with one operating system: Microsoft Windows
- Consists of numerous performance issues which include installation failure, crashing file conversions from PDF to MS Word, and automatic reopening in every new tab.
Foxit PDF Software
Foxit PDF software is PDF editing software that aims at helping users create and edit documents in PDF file format with ease. It was developed by Foxit Software, Inc. and its latest stable version was released in September 2019. Foxit PDF has numerous advantages as compared to Nitro PDF and Soda PDF which are listed below.
- It is compatible with more than one Operating Software which includes various versions of MS Windows and specific versions of macOS, Linux, Symbian, U3, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Citrix Xenapp.
- It is available in more than 30 languages, making it multilingual.
- It has a simple design and allows document protection options for confidential files.
- It consists of a document reading out aloud option which reads out the document to users if they play the button.
- Though it has many benefits and offers a variety of features even in its freeware version, Foxit PDF software is not user-friendly and is a complex PDF editor.
Adobe Acrobat is the standard PDF creator, converter, editor, and viewer developed by Adobe Inc. It was initially released in 1993 and is compatible with multiple operating systems. Adobe Acrobat allows its users to not just convert files from other formats but create original files in the software allowing users complete control over their text, graphics, spreadsheets, and combining them in a single PDF file.
Moreover, Adobe Acrobat plays the role of PDF text editor too. This is a characteristic in which other competitors may lack.
- Adobe Acrobat is compatible with various versions of Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Blackberry Tablet OS, Blackberry 10 and Windows phone.
- Users can not only create PDF files and documents but also forms to be filled in by others.
- Users can edit, protect and export PDF files to other formats using this software.
- Adobe Acrobat allows its users to collect digital signatures making deal signing easier and hassle-free.
- It is an expensive option and requires monthly sign up fees. The fee varies according to the platform it is being used on. For example, android users need to pay an amount of $7.99 per month to avail of all the services of this software.
- The software sometimes malfunctions in terms of loading and crashing.
- Takes up heavy storage space.
- It is not very easy to use since users find it difficult to locate the editing options.
The search for the best PDF editor thus boils down to one option, which is PDFelement Pro. The reason why it makes so easily to the top priority spot is that it offers a plethora of features at reasonably priced packages with a very user-friendly and easy to use interface. Moreover, the after-sale support offered by the company is commendable. Additionally, it does not consume huge memory slots thus causing the devices to crash.
The benefits just do not stop here. In addition to all of the benefits mentioned above, the company further offers a 50% discount to its customers on the purchase of its PDFelement Pro software. So, if you are one of the users looking for a good PDF editing software which comes at a justified price then go ahead and purchase PDFelement Pro.