Are you looking for an alternative to the official Apple app store? Are you looking for apps and games that Apple doesn’t let into their store? TopStore app is a great alternative with full support for the iPhone and iPad, offering tons of apps and games and other cool content, all without having to jailbreak your device first.
How to Download TopStore:
Installing TopStore is very easy. You don’t need any special permissions, and you don’t need to jailbreak; all you need is your iPhone or iPad and a strong internet connection, preferably Wi-Fi. And all you do is install the app configuration profile on your device. Here’s how:
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and go to the TopStore download webpage
- Download the profile onto your Device; on the popup message, tap on Install
- Now wait; when the TopStore icon is on your home screen, the installation has finished
- Before you use the app store, open your iOS Settings app
- Go into General and then Profiles and Device Management
- Tap on the profile for TopStore and tap on the Trust button
- Close Settings; TopStore is now ready to use.
How to Use TopStore:
If you thought TopStore was easy to download, then you will find using it even easier:
- Tap on the app icon to open TopStore
- Choose one of the app categories – see below for details
- Have a look through the apps and games or use the search bar to find something particular
- Tap the app or game you want to install and then tap on Install on the next screen
- Wait; the app icon appears on your home screen when it is installed
Be aware that, as the app or game is unofficial, you will get an Untrusted Developer error when you try using it for the first time. Follow the steps in the download guide, from step 4 onward, to resolve this.
TopStore App Features:
TopStore is packed with cool features; not only is it free to use, doesn’t require a jailbreak and is a stable app; all the content has been sorted into categories:
- iOS Apps – loads of official iOS apps and games
- Exclusive Apps – unofficial apps, games, movie streaming apps, emulators, screen recorders and more, not found in the official store*
- Top iOS Games – some of the best iOS games modified with cool new features
- Modified Apps – apps modified with extra features and more functionality
* These apps and games don’t make it into the iOS app store because of policy restrictions or geo-restrictions.
Common TopStore Errors Resolved
TopStore is stable, and it is a reliable app. However, there are reports of a few common errors, but we looked into these and found they were easy to fix.
White or Blank Screen
This is very common and is simple to fix:
- Launch iOS Settings and tap on Safari
- Tap the Clear Website Data option
- Try using TopStore again, and you should find the screen is back to normal
If this hasn’t resolved the error, delete TopStore and start again.
TopStore Keeps Crashing
Although TopStore is legal to use, it is an unofficial app, and that means the app certificate will be revoked by Apple within a few days of you installing it. That causes the app to crash, leaving you having to start over. Don’t be tempted to delete the app and start again; in the first instance, wait for up to 48 hours to allow time for the developers to fix the issue. In the meantime, install an anti-revoke app or a reputable VPN app to stop it from happening in the future.
How to Fix SSL Errors
SSL errors are common when downloading TopStore but are easy to resolve:
- Close down Safari, ensuring that you shut down each individual tab first
- Next, close every app that you have open on your Device
- Now leave your Device for a few minutes before downloading TopStore again, and you should find it works
If that doesn’t solve it, try this:
- Close Safari, again making sure all tabs are shut down
- Close your apps down and power your Device off
- Leave it for a couple of minutes and turn it back on
- Try downloading TopStore again, and it should work properly
How to Fix the Untrusted Developer Error
This is common when you install unofficial apps because Apple cannot trust a developer they do not recognize. The untrusted developer error must be fixed before you can use the app, so follow the steps below:
- Open your Settings app and tap on General>Profiles
- Find and tap the TopStore profile and then tap the Trust button
- Close Settings, try the app again and it will work
How to Delete TopStore
With some errors, its just as easy to delete TopStore and start over. Or you may find you cannot get on with TopStore and want to remove it from your Device. This is simple to do, just delete the app profile:
- Open Settings and go to General
- Go into Profiles and Device Management
- Find and tap the profile for Top Store and then tap the Delete Profile option
- Close down Settings, and TopStore is deleted from your Device
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the commonly asked TopStore questions answered:
Will TopStore Affect the Warranty on my Device?
No. Quite simply, it is a legal app to use; it does not require any special permissions to work and does not require you to jailbreak, so you are not compromising Apple’s security. If you are at all concerned, then delete it before you take your device into an Apple store for repair.
Is TopStore Safe?
Yes, it is 100% safe to use. You don’t need a jailbreak, and SSL encryption is used to ensure your safety, And with regular updates, any issues that arise are fixed quickly.
Give TopStore a go; it’s free, it is safe, and it’s a great alternative to the iOS app store.