Oracle VM Virtual is a firmware system for x86 computers from Oracle Corporation which was initially developed by Innotek GmbH and acquired by Sun Microsystems in the year 2008. Later, it was acquired by Oracle in the year 2010. VirtualBox can be installed on a slew of host operating systems including Linux, OS X, Windows, Solaris and OpenSolaris and ports as well. A VirtualBox supports the creation and management of guest virtual machines running versions and derivatives of Linux, Windows, Haiku, BSD, and others.
In order to enhance the performance and graphical abilities of some guest operating systems, there are some guest addition or extension packs comprising device drivers and system applications are available. The VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.16 adds beneficial new features to this popular virtualisation package. Here is a detailed description of VirtualBox features and its capabilities. You can enhance the capabilities to VirtualBox by downloading the VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.16.
Features of VirtualBox
Here are some of the features of VirtualBox that help you to make use of it on any platform.
VirtualBox operates on a large number of 32-bit and 64-bit host operating systems that require an existing operating system to be installed. It is functionally similar on all of the host platforms where same files and image formats are used. Virtual machines can be imported and exported with much ease using the Open Virtualization Format (OVF), which is an industry standard created for particularly for this need.
2. Best Hardware Support
VirtualBox supports the following hardware:
- USB Device Support: VirtualBox implements a virtual USB controller that lets you connect arbitrary USB devices to your virtual machines without the need of installing device-specific drivers on the host device.
- Hardware Compatibility: VirtualBox virtualizes a wide array of virtual devices among which many other devices are typically provided by other virtualization platforms. This hardware compatibility eases cloning of device images from real machines and importing of third-party virtual machines into VirtualBox.
- Guest Multiprocessing (SMP): VirtualBox can present up to 32 virtual CPUs to each virtual machine regardless of how many CPU cores are physically present on your host.
3. Remote Machine Display
The VirtualBox Remote Desktop Extension (VRDE) enables high-performance remote access to any running virtual machine. This extension supports the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) which was actually built into Microsoft Windows with special addition for full client USB support.
Download VirtualBox Extension Pack
The VirtualBox Extension Pack provides new beneficial features to this popular virtualisation package. Here is the download link for the VirtualBox Extension Pack that enhances the capabilities and performance of your machine.
- Initially, click File >> Preferences >> Extensions to check the current version of your VirtualBox. Now, we are using the version 4.0.4r70112.
- This version includes a USB 2.0 (EHCI) controller that offers you to get better performance from your USB 2.0 devices. You’ll apparently need to enable the controller manually, despite, as well as add filters for the USB devices you’d prefer to use.
- Using this Extension Pack, you will also get support for VirtualBox Remote Desktop Protocol (VDRP). Essentially this enables you to run a virtual machine on one PC or computer while you view and control it from another PC.
- It also renders support for remote booting a computer through emulation of the Intel PXE boot ROM with support for the E1000 network card.
- None of this requires separate installation, as the extension pack has a “vbox-extpack” file extension that’s handled by VirtualBox.
- So just stop VirtualBox, download and double-click on the extension pack so that VirtualBox will launch and install it for you, upgrading any earlier version you might have.
Specification: VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.16
- Platforms: Mac OS X
- Version: 4.0.4r70112
- License: Free, for personal use only
- Developer: Oracle
Download VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.16 for Windows
Download VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.16 for Linux
Download VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.16 for Mac
This is the simple way to download and use VirtualBox Extension Pack on your device. Hope this tutorial guides you in the best way to download VirtualBox Extension Pack 5.0.10 on Windows, Linux, and Mac devices.