Whenever we discuss the accounting software, QuickBooks is the name that has to be there. QuickBooks is prominent accounting software that comes with exciting features and functionalities. There are many versions in QuickBooks and you can choose according to your business requirements. However, many times users face the QuickBooks Error 6150 while working and this error can hinder the workflow of your business. Here, in this article, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks Error codes 6150.
What is QuickBooks Error 6150?
While launching the QuickBooks company file, you may face QuickBooks Error -6150 -1006. In order to resolve this error, first, you need to understand the causes behind this error so that you will be able to fix it instantly. QuickBooks Error 6150 needs to be troubleshot as it may affect your company file.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6150
All the possible causes behind QuickBooks Error 6150 are listed below:
- Due to damage to company files related to QuickBooks.
- The error can occur because of the corrupted installation of the software.
- If the user launches a portable file (.qbm) without launching QuickBooks, this error may occur.
- Due to a virus or malware infection in the company file, you may get Error 6150.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
To fix the Error 6150 in QuickBooks, you can follow any of the given methods.
Method 1: Scan for virus or malware
Virus and malware are the major cause behind the QuickBooks Error code. So, it is better to check for the virus in your software. Here is how to do it:
- First, select the Windows Start menu.
- Next, write ‘File Explorer’ in the search field and launch it.
- Then, search for the QuickBooks folder and launch it.
- After that, write ‘decrypt or instructions’ in the files.
- Now, if you are not able to find any malicious files, this indicates that your system is virus-free.
It is recommended to remove the virus from your software before applying the next methods.
Method 2: Restore the Backup
If the above method has not worked for you, then you may try this method:
- First of all, open ‘QuickBooks’ and choose the file.
- Next, click on ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- Then, you need to click on ‘Restore a backup copy’ and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- After that, from the Look-in dropdown menu, choose the location of the company file backup.
- Now, select the backup with ‘.qbb’ extension and click on the ‘Open’ button.
- Next, in the Save-in-drop-down menu, browse for an appropriate location to restore the backup file.
- Then, give a new name to a new company file in the file-name field and save it in the format of ‘.qbw’.
- Next, choose ‘Yes’ to confirm the process.
- Finally, type Yes to confirm.
Method 3: Create a new QuickBooks Desktop file from scratch
To create a new QuickBooks Desktop File from scratch, follow the steps given below:
- First, launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, create a new company file in the ‘No Company Open’ window.
- Now, add the necessary information in the ‘QuickBooks Setup’ Window.
- After that, choose ‘Create Company’.
- At last, create customers, chart of accounts, and services, etc.
We hope that the solutions mentioned above are helpful for you in resolving QuickBooks Error 6150. The above-mentioned steps are not very tricky to apply. Try out these steps and resolve this issue.