After the E-Commerce boom in India which was started with Flipkart followed by other E-commerce sites like Myntra, Jabong and few other affiliate marketing has been grown tremendously as many people in India started to buy stuff online. When coming to few products especially Latest Gadgets users were forced to get them only through either Flipkart or Amazon. This has opened up one more earning source for Bloggers and Internet Marketer.
Previously bloggers used to depend only on Adsense as major source of income but these days Affiliate Marketing is booming in India. Almost every blogger is promoting products from Flipkart and Amazon using their affiliate link.
For those who don’t know Affiliate Marketing means, you have to promote products from the network using your affiliate link whenever someone purchases a product from the affiliate link you make an comission. Ofcourse there are some networks that pay per lead, pay per click and pay per registration. Here we will be talking only about Pay Per Sale (PPS or CPS).
I also work with different affiliate network as a part of monetization techniques on my blogs. In the process I have registered with both Flipkart and Amazon.in to give them a try. Here I decided to share my experience with both the affiliate networks.
Flipkart Affiliate Program:
We must accept the fact that Flipkart is the best Ecommerce site in India as of now which is making millions of sales per day. We must also consider the fact that they are also new to this. There are few negative feedbacks about the Flipkart affiliate system is loosely coded and the tracking is not so strong.
Getting Started with Flipkart Affiliate Program:
- Its pretty much straight forward.
- Go to Flipkart Affiliate Page
- Then just register over a free account over there.
- There is no approval process so you must get approval instantly.
Pros of Flipkart Affiliate Program:
- As most of the Indians buy products from this network the conversion rate is a little high.
- Commission rate is also good on few products especially gadgets.
Cons of Flipkart Affiliate Program:
- The major drawback I found on Flipkart affiliate program is that the earning which shows up on the panel might decrease later on as there might be some back orders or cancellations. You might first found a good earnings and this might go down with time.
- No proper daily tracking reports. You have weekly monthly quarterly reports but no daily reports which is the major drawback I found.
Amazon Affiliate Program:
Amazon are the best in this industry and they have a very strong affiliate program with little or less drawbacks. You can get started by registering over here. There is an approval process. You can get an easy approval even if you provide a facebook fanpage which you own.
Pros and cons of Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Daily reports and properly sorted earnings, orders reports.
- The best thing about Amazon is that they only show you the earnings of the orders that are already delivered. So, once you get a commission into your account it wont reduce.
- The conversion rate was a little less beginning but its picking up day by day.
When we compare both I must say that Amazon is much more well sorted and structured network. Flipkart needs to be improved a lot in many aspects. Flipkart needs to build more trust with more transparent and clear earnings report which we are not getting now. Let us know your experience with both the networks in your comments.