We all have been there; when smoking elicits those intense feelings of cravings for delicious and tasty foods! Maybe, during one of those sessions of delightful snacks and treats, you have thought, “What are the munchies?”. This may have further led you to begin a deep contemplation on what are the best stoner snacks and foods.
Let’s start with the term, munchies. It was coined from the ever infamous 1971 study, “On Being Stoned” by Charles T. Tart. We can already surmise that with the last name like tart, the cravings for tasty little pies, pastries, and tarts were probably already in the minds of the participants! Read on to understand why we want to eat yummy nom noms and for lists of the best snacks, foods, and treats to eat while stoned.
The Science Behind the Munchies
Being hungry, in general, is the body’s response to needing fuel and nourishment to gain energy. This way you have the strength to go to work or school, finish chores, or even just relax. However, when you get high and start getting that feeling of hunger even when you have eaten recently, it almost always needs to be addressed! How can it not be curbed when it actively intensifies our sense of taste and smell. Albeit, it does seem like Marijuana can intensify almost every sensation as well.
THC is part one of two reasons why our appetites get stimulated from smoking. THC interacts with our central nervous system and by doing so assists in stimulating the part of the brain that regulates appetite. Smoking weed also has an effect on the hormone ghrelin, which is secreted from our stomachs. This hormone sends signals to the brain saying that you are hungry, even if you have eaten recently. The brain craves fats, salts, and sugars which all cause a release of dopamine when ingesting them. This is something to consider if you are looking out for your health but finding it hard to resist the intense urging and signals from your brain after lighting up.
The Best Foods to Eat While High
Generic lists of the best munchie foods to eat while high will continue the same old saga’s, here at Glass Blunt, we want you to reach newer and better heights. Sure, anyone can list off the normal things like buying a pizza, eating Ramen. or getting fast food like McDonald’s or something tops from Taco Bell. Notwithstanding, those are some decent and tasty options for quick and on-the-go moments but we would like to provide you with even more options.
Healthy, Vegan, and Vegetarian Munchie Snacks Options:
- Mashed and salted avocado on sourdough bread
- A lovely set up tray of sliced or cubed cheese with grapes
- Sliced apples with almond butter
- Any base of oat or fruit smoothie with soy milk
- Some brands of granola bars (like Kashi)
- Yogurt, ideally with some added fruits and nuts on top
- Hummus and pita chips
- Health packed raw nuts like Pecans, Cashews, and Pistachios
Sometimes, however; we would prefer to spend our money on some more buds. So, what types of snacks and treats can we get on any given day? Here are some more convenient meal and snack options you can pick up from your local grocery store.
Cheap Everyday Stoner Snacks Options:
- Grilled Cheese
- Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup
- Tuna sandwich (spice it up by adding mayo, mustard, a splash of vinegar, and a sprinkle of sugar)
- Bagged popcorn, cookies, or doughnuts
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Salsa and tortilla chips
- Rice and canned or frozen mixed veggies
Being a stoner, weed toker, pot smoker, edible eater, and everything in between can sometimes be compared to living an unhealthy lifestyle. This is not true, no matter who you are, we all sometimes want a sweet piece of candy. Listed below are some of the best candy options for getting stoned but remember to ingest these with extreme moderation.
Best Candies for the Munchies:
- Airheads Xtreme (for the sour candy lovers)
- Dark Chocolate
- Reese’s Cups
- Milky Way
- Skittles (every flavor!)
- 3 Musketeer
Something that often gets overlooked on these types of lists is what to drink! Considerably one of the greatest parts of the best munchie foods and stoner snacks is what to quench this thirst with. With the increase in taste awareness and understanding, the perfect drink can tailor make a smoking experience. We came up with this list of incredible drinks to help with cottonmouth, help ease any possible negative effects, and bring you to your best self.
Fantastic Drinks for Smoking Pot:
- A cool glass of water – this is useful if you find you are too high and overall just healthy.
- Green Tea – if you find your stomach may be acting uneasy after smoking, green tea is a traditional and age-old answer for tummy aches.
- Peppermint Tea – a great way to lift your mood, the warmth, and soft tantalizing taste and fragrance will bring you into a more positive light.
- Vanilla Latte (or any other flavored coffee drink) – this is great when you are craving a sweet warm drink, that will fill you to the brim, and give you a little energy too. Coffee-based drinks are also known to stave off hunger cravings.
- Pure 100% juice – though this is high in sugar it will give you your daily dose of vitamin C and is often a better alternative to soda.
- Alkaline or mineral water – this is for those looking to have a good glass of water but with an extra punch. Mineral water is often a good alternative for those who want the carbonation of a soda without drinking a soda.
How Can You Enjoy the Best High Snacks and Stoner Munchie Foods?
Getting yourself in the perfect spot is quite simple with the Glass Blunt as your side-kick sending you well on your way to enjoy the best treats, sweets, snacks, and foods. This is done with a good smoking utensil, allowing you to reach your peak and desired high level for diving right into these goodies. We suggest using King Palm preroll cones for a cool and slow burn with your cannabis smoking. They also have rolling trays for sale and many other 420 friendly smoking accessories. When using such a swift, quick, discreet, and tight method, your high experience is customized for you.