Perhaps you’re a long-time skincare enthusiast, or you’ve recently had a bad breakout, and you need to treat your skin as soon as possible. Or maybe you’re new to the skincare game, and you can’t seem to find the right products for your skin. Sometimes, you want a specialist to take a moment to really inspect and get to know your skin so that you could purchase products with ingredients that specifically fight off your pimples, wrinkles, and more.
Fortunately, this doesn’t have to be a dream. Curology can actually make this a reality for you. You may be wondering what Curology is if you haven’t heard of it before, so our Curology review will break everything down for you piece by piece so that you can make an informed decision if this is the skincare routine for you.
Overview of Curology
Curology is a company that was launched by Dr. Nancy Satur, Glenn Lortscher, and Dr. David Lortscher in the year 2014. The company is on a mission to provide creams and other skincare products that can treat and care for other people’s skin without any extra hassle. Curology’s main headquarters is in San Francisco, California, while all the products it sells are developed using advanced tech and equipment in San Diego.
Before you know which products you should get for your skincare routine, Curology has a professional online team composed of dermatologists who can help you, as they ask you what your skincare goals are and your history. After getting to know you better, they’ll be able to choose which active ingredients would work the best on your skin type.
Curology has different custom formulas you can purchase, which are all priced differently. For instance, the Small Custom Formula is priced at $20 per month, and the product itself gets shipped to you every 3o days. This particular formula contains Curology’s cleanser, moisturizer, and custom formula, among other products.
Curology also has a Large Custom Formula, which has the same products but bigger. This formula is priced at $40 and is shipped to your home every 60 days. If you only want the Cleanser and Moisturizer set, the pair costs $20, excluding shipping costs.
Does Curology Actually Work?
Is Curology worth using, and does it actually help your skin? Taking a look at Curology reviews from customers who have experienced the company’s products, the formula seems to work for quite a lot of people. The company has decent ratings on renowned sites like Facebook and TrustPilot. Of course, other customers have made complaints about Curology because the routine didn’t work for them. However, this is fairly common when it comes to skincare formulas. Not everything works as well for everyone else, and some will always have negative effects from some ingredients.
How Exactly Do You Use Curology?
Applying Curology’s products is easy, and it basically works the same way as other skincare routines. If you’re using the Curology Formula, here’s what you need to do:
- Apply the formula in the evening.
- Use your fingers to apply the formula on your face and neck, if you want to. Remember only to spread a thin layer.
- Rub it thoroughly but gently.
- Make sure that you’re not using more than you actually need. If you do this, you might end up causing skin irritation, hindering your skin’s progress instead.
On the other hand, here are the steps you should follow if you’re using the Curology Dark Spot Formula:
- Apply the formula in the morning and at night.
- Either use your fingers or a cotton swab to apply the product, depending on the affected areas. If you have small dark spots, it’s best to use cotton swabs, while you should use your fingers for clusters.
- When you go outside in the morning, make sure to apply sunscreen with less than SPF 50.
Remember always to check the instructions that come with your set or formula for the best possible results.
- Curology’s formula and sets aren’t as expensive as other skincare companies.
- The products work for most customers.
- Dermatologists assist you directly, inspecting your skin until you know which products work well for you.
- The products are customized for your needs.
- The products’ ingredients are all FDA-approved.
- Given they’re customized to your skin type, you can’t return or cancel your orders once everything has been processed already.
- The company doesn’t give a detailed description of the sizing differences between the Small Formula and the Large Formula.
- You can’t buy the regular Curology products unless you sign up for the 60-day subscription box.
So far, it seems that Curology works for many customers, and only a few have had issues with the ingredients. You should definitely check each ingredient used in Curology’s formulas first before you order to ensure that you’re not allergic to anything. If you already have a skincare routine that works for you, then there’s no need to switch things up and possibly cause skin irritations instead.