Pokemon was probably the biggest addiction we all had as kids in the late 1990s. Well, after a few years lying relatively low, the Nintendo-owned franchise is making a bit of a comeback. Nintendo’s latest offering ‘Pokémon Go’ has brought back our fondest childhood memory to our smartphones.
‘Pokemon Go‘, is a virtual reality application that turns your smartphone into a Pokedex that you can use to catch Pokemon. The Pokemon are spread out all over your city and you will need to step out into the ‘Battlefield’ to catch enough Pokemon. In simple terms, Pokémon Go uses your phone’s GPS and clock to detect where and when you are in the game and make Pokémon “appear” around you (on your phone screen) so you can go and catch them. As you move around, more types of Pokémon will appear depending on where you are and what time it is.
The world is freaking out over this game, as wannabe explorers are hitting the streets to catch elusive Pokemon. Part of the reason Pokémon Go is popular is that it’s free, so it’s easy to download and play. The game is out in the US, Australia and New Zealand, where you can now officially download ‘Pokémon Go’ for Android devices and Apple iOS devices as well.
The game hasn’t yet been launched officially in India. However, several android users have found a way to still be able to play the game. Most users have downloaded an APK file that is available for download, which lets them install and play the game in India. Here, we show you how to download Pokémon Go for both Android and iOS devices, without having to wait.
How to download and install ‘Pokémon Go’ on Android?
- You can directly download from the Playstore – Click Here.
Download the Pokémon Go APK file:
- First, you need to allow your Android device to install and run apps downloaded from other places.
- Go to Settings, Security and allow for the installation of apps from ‘Unknown Sources’.
- Now you need to download the Pokémon Go APK file.
- On your Android device, go to the ‘Pokémon Go’ APK web page and click on ‘Download APK’. You can download the game’s APK from here.
- Select ‘OK’ and Pokémon Go will download.
- Once it’s downloaded, then select ‘Install’.
- Pokémon Go will now install, letting you play right now.
How to download and install Pokémon Go on iPhone?
If you have an iPhone or another iOS device, then the process for installing Pokémon Go is slightly different. While Pokémon Go is available on the App Store, if it’s not available in your country follow our instructions on how to download and install it.
Log out of your Apple ID
- First of all, you’ll need to make your iPhone believe you’re in a region that can download Pokémon Go.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone, click on ‘Apple ID’ and then select to sign out.
- Now go back into Settings and select General > Language & Region.
- Set your region as US, New Zealand or Australia – all of these regions can download Pokémon Go.
Open up the App Store
- Go to ‘App Store’ and search for ‘Pokémon Go’.
- If it doesn’t appear, choose a free app to download and select ‘Create new Apple ID’.
- Go through the process of creating an Apple ID and select ‘None’ in the Billing menu and add a US, New Zealand or Australian address.
Download Pokémon Go onto your iPhone
- Now you can download and install Pokémon Go onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Once Pokémon Go is released in your region, you can sign back in with your Apple ID – though you may need to reinstall Pokémon Go.
- Luckily your data is saved to the cloud, so you’ll be able to play Pokémon Go where you left off.