Gambling online is becoming increasingly popular day by day. While on one hand, it is convenient to access casinos worldwide from the web, on the other hand, it is also a challenge to find out the right one to get registered with. By ‘right one’, it is implied that there are a lot of fraudulent websites and entities engaging in practices that cause damage to a player’s personal information and result in theft. In order to avoid such circumstances, it is important to follow certain guidelines before selecting the online gambling arena to place a bet in.
Points to Ponder
For users’ convenience, a list of points about what to consider while choosing a casino has been organized and summed up below. Most recommendations are taken from a Polish online guide in the gambling world KasynoHEX.com.
- Check for the license: First things first- you need to check whether or not the online casino is registered or affiliated with any casino’s regulating authority. Some of the most popular casinos regulating authorities belong to countries such as the UK, USA, Poland, Malta, Isle of Man, Gibraltar and Curacao. This information is usually disclosed at the end of the website’s first page. Casinos with good repute provide their license information to gain the trust of their players.
- Check for the server address and design: Another point to think about before selecting a casino is the website’s design. If the casino’s website is outdated and uses a server address that is not named according to its websites’ services, there might be something fishy. Additionally, if a casino has downloaded all of its providers from one source under the same name, then chances of fake providers being present are 100% affirmative.
- The contact address and communication: Real casinos do not shy away from providing contact numbers or e-mail addresses. They are open to communication with their players. They might as well have chatbots on their website to help players navigate through the website. There are no hidden facts or information about real casinos. So if you come across a casino that appears attractive but the people running it are reluctant in communicating, think twice before putting your money into it. Every player must have access to an uninterrupted customer support portal.
- Examine the logo: Before making a casino your go-to website for playing games online, examine the website’s seal or logo closely. If there are any discrepancies from one page to another, probably the website is a scam.
- Consider the payment options and terms: Yes, it is very important that before committing your money online, you check with the website’s payment options. If a casino is a properly registered website then it must have no issues in partnering with VISA, MASTERCARD, PAYPAL and other trusted sources of money transfer. If you spot not so famous or relatively unknown payment options then beware, you might be falling for a scam. The legit casinos must have a trusted method of carrying out transactions online.
- Introductory and bonus offers: This is a really important point to think about. Real-life casinos know a lot about giving to their players than just taking. Many casinos offer introductory bonuses and special cash prizes to their players. So if you come across a casino that does not offer any bonuses or prizes but just charges a registration fee then think twice before signing up with that website.
- Range of games: A good casino website must be able to offer an array of online games. Before investing in an online casino, look out for the choice of games they have to offer. Good casinos offer games from trusted game providers such as Novomatic and Microgaming.
- Read reviews: Before choosing to place, read reviews and feedback reports from already existing players in the gaming community. Check social media platforms where issues such as spotting fake casinos are being discussed. These include non-payment of the prizes won by existing players, lack of a proper Random Number Generator, unethical player practices and use of unstable software. Read until you are satisfied with the performance of the casino you are planning to join as a player.
- Presence on more than one digital platform: Properly set up casinos do have representation on more than one platform such as having a mobile app alongside a website.
- Withdrawal fees: The thing with good quality casinos is that they do not charge hefty amounts as withdrawal fees when it comes time to withdraw payments to customers’ accounts. They facilitate the transaction so that their customers’ loyalty increases with their website.
- Availability of funds: Interestingly, casinos that have low-quality or bad repute are always out of funds when it comes down making payments to their customers or paying their royalties. So keep an eye for this one too while considering a casino to place a bet in.
- The information asked: If a gaming website asks you for information other than the name, address, date of birth and telephone number, then beware and do not provide additional information without confirmation of the website’s authenticity.
- Spamming/Over- Advertising: Real casinos never over-do themselves in the field of advertising. They never make fake promises and offer rewards which they have no intention of paying off.
In light of the above-mentioned points, it must be easier for you to make a choice when it comes down to selecting an online casino. Almost every aspect of spotting a fake casino and what sets a good casino apart from a bad one has been covered. With the rise in online gambling practices, it is imperative that real casinos guard the safety and confidentiality of their players’ sensitive information.
If a casino is not keeping up with the web site’s graphics and features quality, is not offering enough incentives and freezes a player’s account at the time of money withdrawal, then that is a fake casino right there. As much as it is the responsibility of casinos to adopt fair practices, players must also play their part and research a bit about good practices of legal casinos and the certificates they demonstrate.