QuickBooks is undoubtedly an adorn accounting software. Along with the easy to use features, it comprises the features that help in handling the business accounting operations. However, like the other software, QuickBooks can also show some errors. Here, we will discuss one such error that is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106. In this article, you will learn how to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106. Go through the article and learn the resolving steps.
Overview: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
QuickBooks Error 15106 is basically a payroll update error. This error occurs when there is trouble in updating the versions of QuickBooks Desktop. The error appears on your screen as shown in the image below.
Usually, the QB Error 15106 when the user tries to download the QuickBooks Desktop updates. The user gets the error message when the updated program is unable to launch. Basically, this error stops the QuickBooks update program to get started. So, if you have an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription and you’re trying to download QuickBooks Desktop updates, then this error may appear when the updated program is not properly configured on QuickBooks.
Causes For the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106
Before diving into the solution, let’s focus on the reasons behind this issue.
- When any antivirus application is installed in the system then it may block the update.
- In case, if the user is not logged in as an administrator in the system, then this error may appear. This is because of restrictions on the ability to read and write new files.
- In some cases, the presence of Spy Sweeper in the webroot anti-virus software may cause this issue. This is because the webroot anti-virus software takes the QuickBooks update program as a malware activity.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15106
The major ways to resolve this issue are mentioned below. Follow the steps carefully and try to fix the issue before it starts affecting the business operations.
First Method: Login As the Administrator
Before trying out any other resolving method make sure that you are logged in as an admin. If you are not logged in as an admin, then follow the steps given below:
- Right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Then, select Run as Administrator option as shown in the figure below.
Now, after you are logged in as an admin, then you will have the admin privileges and access your issue would be resolved if it would have been occurring due to restriction issues.
Also Read: Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6150
Second Method: Stop Your Antivirus Application And Rename Folders
This is the other method to eliminate the bug. Try out this method, if the above method doesn’t work for you.
- First of all, open the Task Manager and navigate to the Processes tab.
- Now, search for the ANTIVIRUS.exe file where ANTIVIRUS is the name of the antivirus installed in your system.
- After that click on the End Process button.
- Now, you need to rename the folders. To do so, open file explorer.
- Next, move to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- After that, right-click on the “downloadqbXX folder” and click on the Rename option. Here, XX stands for the year of QuickBooks version.
- Now, add “.old” to the end of the name and complete the process by updating QuickBooks desktop.
Third Method: Turn off User Account Control (UAC)
Sometimes, turning off the User Account Control helps in getting rid of QuickBooks Error 15106. To turn off UAC for Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7 are:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Now, select the User Accounts, and then select the User Accounts (Classic View).
- After that, click on the Change user account control settings option.
- Next, move the slider and:
- Either set it to Never Notify and then click on the OK button to turn OFF UAC.
- Or set it to Always Notify, and then click on the OK button to turn on UAC.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Fourth Method: Perform A Clean Install In Selective Startup
In case, if all of the above methods are unable to resolve this issue, then try out this method.
- First, you need to create a backup of the company file.
- Once the backup is created, keep a copy of the QuickBooks product and license info.
- Next, start the system in selective startup mode and ensure that no other application is hindering in completing the task.
- Now, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
- At last, switch back to the normal startup mode.
So, this was all about the QuickBooks Error 15106. Try out these methods and your issue is going to get resolved very easily.