Many occasions, while you attempt to repair a backup record an error message seems as “Restore failed can’t take away log record” or “This is the invalid structure of post-QuickBooks 2007 Backup record”. This error signifies QuickBooks repair failed and there can also be a number of causes for the failure. Some of the customers would possibly get this message: “QuickBooks received’t repair backup”. In this weblog, we will be able to speak about get to the bottom of this repair QuickBooks backup record factor and more than a few answers to get to the bottom of QuickBooks repair failed error.
Symptoms of “QuickBooks Restore Failed Error”
- The backup restores an current record.
- USB flash pressure means that you can repair a backup.
- Restoring a mistaken backup record.
- The backup was once completed with the most recent or other model of QuickBooks.
Causes of QuickBooks Restore Failed Error
The customers would possibly stumble upon some problems whilst restoring information from QuickBooks backup information, in which the method fails with probably the most following messages:
“Error: Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File”
“Error: Restore failed. Can’t take away log record”
There are a number of causes at the back of this failure which might be discussed underneath:
- Corrupted or broken corporate record.
- The backup is restored in an current record.
- The corporate record comprises particular characters.
- The backup is restored from a USB flash pressure.
- The restored record isn’t a real QB backup record.
- The backup has been completed in the most recent model however restored within the older model.
Things to Consider
QuickBooks Background Details
- QuickBooks saves your information in record with .qbw extension (Windows) or .qb2017 (OS X).
- QB allows you to create a complete backup of your an important data. The extensions utilized in those information are .qbb (Windows) or .dmg (OS X). Read Create Company File & Backup in QuickBooks Desktop for more info.
Solutions to Fix “QuickBooks Restore Failed” Error
Solution 1: Delete Special Character from the Company File
- Right-click at the record identify and make a choice rename.
- Enter a new record identify and Enter.
Solution 2: Avoid Overwriting an Existing File While Restoring Company Backup
- Save your record in an simply obtainable location.
- If the record identify fits with any other record in the similar folder, a message will seem “The record identify exists. Would you love to overwrite this record?”.
- Click No and alter the record identify.
Solution 3: Use the Same or New Version of QuickBooks While Restoring Backup File
Use QuickBooks File Manager to understand your QB model whilst restoring the backup record.
Solution 4: Confirm True Backup File
- The record must no longer be lower than 6MB, subsequently you want to test the record measurement after growing an organization record backup.
- Right-click on File and choose Properties to test the record measurement.
- The record isn’t a real backup record whether it is lower than 6MB, you need to make a brand new backup.
Solution 5: Repair Your Company File
The corporate record would possibly get affected because of a number of causes. Use QuickBooks File Doctor to troubleshoot any information harm.
Solution 6: Repair QuickBooks Manually
You can use QuickBooks in-built Rebuild and Verify utilities to fix QuickBooks manually.
- Go to QuickBooks File menu, then Utilities and Rebuild Data.
- Go to QuickBooks File menu then pass to Utilities and Verify Data.