When it comes to archive utilities and file compression, WinRAR appears to be one of the most talked-about compression tools that have been helping users for many years now. It offers a great set of features and is user-friendly as well. However, users still ask if it is the right file archiver?
WinRAR topped the list of compression tools because of its RAR format that offers fine levels of compression. Moreover, most programs can easily extract RAR archives; however, WinRAR is the only tool that can create them. This comes at a price that is similar to that of WinZip.
WinRAR lets users compress files into several other compress formats, and the major advantage it enjoys is that it is easily available for all platforms that can be imagined.
The interface, however, is not so attractive. If you decide to use the explorer context menu for creating or extracting archives, you might feel overwhelmed as a beginner. It is mainly because of the number of settings and options on the display. However, there is a wizard mode that can possibly take the hard work out of most of your tasks.
The killer feature of WinRAR is complete RAR support. But its self-extracting archive creation, speed, encryption, and themes make it one of a kind compression tool.
Who Can Use WinRAR?
WinRAR is specially made for users for the purpose of archiving and file compression functions that are not covered by standard Windows functions but do not need the extensive functions of WinZip Pro. WinRAR is popular in certain circles (system administrators, people who send large files by e-mail) because archives can be divided into several volumes.
What Problems Does WinRAR Solve?
WinRAR has great features for anyone looking to go beyond the native Windows ZIP capabilities. Enough file formats are supported to suit everyone. In addition, you can use the functions to create archives that exactly meet your requirements.
How To Begin With WinRAR – All You Need To Know
- After downloading and installing WinRAR, it prompts you to associate a specific file extension with the program when you first launch it.
- If you don’t use any other compression software, click “Select All.”
- If not, you can choose which extension is right for you.
- You can also choose where to create links and folders, as well as shell integration.
- This allows you to use WinRAR right-click commands to narrow and shrink archives on-demand.
- Click “Context Menu Items …”.
- Now, you can customize what’s in the context menu and what’s not included.
- When you’re ready, click “OK.”
- WinRAR is now installed successfully on your computer, and you can start using it.
- Finally, click “Done.”
What Are The Benefits of WinRAR?
- WinRAR is far superior to other products when it comes to compression utilities and can always be obtained by retrieving smaller records than competing ones, saving disk space and transmission costs.
- WinRAR uses a fully interactive mouse and menu-style graphic interface (GUI), as well as a more comprehensive command-line interface.
- Purchasing a WinRAR license gives you access to the entire technology and includes everything, so you don’t need to buy add-ons to create self-extracting files. All included.
- WinRAR offers the benefits of industry-strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 256-bit key.
- WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8.589 trillion gigabytes in size. Also, for all practical purposes, there is no limit to the number of archived files.
- WinRAR provides the ability to self-extract and create multi-volume archives. Physically damaged archives can be reorganized using WinRAR recovery records, and recovery volumes can be used to rebuild physically damaged archives.
- WinRAR features are constantly being developed, keeping WinRAR ahead of the pack. To download the updated version, just visit the download page. Once installed, it will be automatically registered in your license. There is no need to remove the old version.
- Best of all, there is no additional cost. WinRAR is shareware, so you can test it for free for 40 days before purchasing a business license.
- WinRAR offers full support for ZIP and RAR archives and can unpack CAB, ARJ, TAR, LZ, GZ, ACE, LZH, UUE, JAR, ZIPX, ISO, BZ2, Z, 001, 7Z archives.
What Are The Key Features of WinRAR?
- WinRAR is an excellent compression tool that helps you organize your folders, compressed files, and archives with a number of integrated additional features.
- New updates to the OneR and RAR functionality are available for free download several times a year.
- It is the perfect solution for multimedia files because it recognizes and selects the compression method that will work best, automatically. Its special compression algorithm is especially good at compressing multimedia files, executable files, and groups of files.
- WinRAR allows you to easily split archived documents into separate volumes, making it possible to save them to multiple disks or to move a large file into multiple sections.
- WinRAR is suitable for sending data over the Internet. With 256-bit password encryption and your verified signature, you can be sure that all the information you encrypt with
- WinRAR or RAR is safe and secure. And of course, the WinRAR is fully compatible with Windows 10 and earlier versions of Windows.
- WinRAR supports (RAR, ZIP, ZIPX, WinZip, CAB, ARJ, LZ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z, GZ, ZIPX, JAR, 7Z, Z and 001.)
Can You Use WinRAR As Your One And Only File Compressor And Archiver?
WinRAR has become a true industry-proven archiving and compression program. Although you can purchase advanced features, the basic features that the user will use every day are sufficient.
WinRAR is a powerful tool, and if you want an efficient archiver for your computer to handle RAR, ZIP, and other compressed files, you can depend on WinRAR to help you every time.