The impression that the world had about video games has gone through a paradigm shift in recent times. They are no more being considered as a waste of time especially on the part of teenagers and young adults. Previously, gamers all over the world faced tremendous disdain for spending a major part of the day dwelling in virtual mindless worlds. Video gaming as an activity had been belittled for quite a long time. However, times have changed and so have the mentality of people regarding the virtual gaming world. Today, one can take part in eSports or other professional gaming platforms to earn real money or pursue a serious highly returning career.
Research and studies going on in the field of digital or virtual gaming have revealed that video gaming as an activity has tremendous ability to become a repository of the history and culture of any place or community. It can be used as a medium to touch millions of people without having to invest in any other kinds of marketing or campaigning activities. Moreover, modern video games with high-end graphics and enhanced gameplay are being used as a potential medium for reflecting the creative expression of the game developers. Therefore, if you are good at the games that you play, then you must go through this article to use your skill for the best possible results.
The mixed feelings regarding video games
There is a mixed reaction in the general mass concerning video games. For instance, a survey states that people belonging to Gen X do not support the idea of playing video games and have a disregard for the activity. However, video games are not very new and have been a widespread mode of entertainment for more than 30 years. This means the popularity of the games can be traced back to some popular names like Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, and Mario. However, let us look at some of the potential reasons behind the disregard faced by video games.
- Video games are often based on war settings or other background settings that involve extreme violence and bloodshed.
- These kinds of games have negative effects on the gamer in all likeliness.
- On the other hand, the virtual gaming world lets you explore different corners of the world with high-definition virtual reality.
- Strategy games are also being used for educational purposes so that children get accustomed to real-life team building, collaboration, goal setting, and achievement.
- Therefore, despite the mixed feelings, video games are becoming popular every day and can be the next biggest earning industry of the current times.
How video games are benefitting the world?
New technology has enabled the three-dimensional printing of objects created virtually. This means that game developers can create completely new and imaginative virtual worlds with alternate realities that would be free to explore for all the gamers. Moreover, video games serve a wide range of purposes as follows.
- Video games are being popularly used to instill the qualities of team building, coordination, and teamwork. Real-time strategy games like Clash of Clans or Warcraft teach the gamers the art to lead teams with members from diversified backgrounds and cultures.
- Gamers prefer playing video games with their own real identity instead of opting for default-designed characters with special abilities. This enables the gaming space to be utilized as online training schedules and collaboration projects with a remote team.
- Moreover, the platform is also used for online therapy and exercising schedules especially for the people belonging to the older age group.
- Video games also can be used as incentive-based goal setting and achieving systems for a motivated and interested workforce.
- The gaming industry is emerging as one of the largest sectors with a huge pool of money and rewards.
Be a professional Video Gamer
The year 2021 with its pandemic has led the entire human civilization to rethink all the fundamental factors of life. Moreover, the field of video gaming has also seen a paradigm shift as more and more people are pursuing a career out of professional video gaming. This sector for professional video gamers is known as eSports. It is a rising online gaming sector with huge amounts of money being spent on online tournaments and gaming marathons.
Video gaming with new-age technology and artificial intelligence-supported graphics blurs the distinguishable line between the real world and the virtual world. Video games are being used as mediums of marketing and advertisement that impact people instantly. Therefore, video games are certainly changing the world. On the other hand, gamers can also learn tons of new stuff thanks to video games. For example, gamers can learn a lot about galaxies and space from the game Stellaris. There are tons of traditions you can follow and do in Stellaris, but not all of them are that good. If you’ve been thinking about trying it out, we recommend you take a look at the list of the best traditions order in Stellaris before you decide to test it out.