The need for a communication medium within the team members of an organization is growing day by day. Unquestionably, such communication tools help to improve the productivity of a company by curbing the miscommunication issues that we usually face. There are many such tools available in the market to serve this purpose. Slack has been the most widely used messaging service off late but the inception of Flock and its usage in more than 25000 organizations globally has grabbed everyone’s attention.
If you haven’t read, do check out our complete review on Flock and Slack Vs Flock. Now that you have decided to move from Slack to Flock – This article is all about ‘How to migrate from Slack to Flock‘.
Flock is a real-time messaging and collaboration app for teams that speeds up and simplifies communication and boosts productivity. Packed with incredibly powerful features and a slick, easy to use interface, Flock is the ideal tool for organizations looking to move to a real-time communication model. Flock takes all your most used apps and services at work and allows you to integrate them into a single platform to make you more efficient with your organizational tasks.
In our previous article, we explained in detail about all the fascinating features that Flock has in store for us. We realized that many are interested in switching to Flock from the widely used Slack. Flock’s additional features, functionalities, and ease of use has compelled new and existing users of other collaboration platforms to make the switch to Flock. However, despite demand for new innovations, Slack customers have been apprehensive about transitioning from one collaboration ecosystem to another, with the possibility of data loss during the process being a primary concern. Well, the good news is that the transition is not difficult and you can achieve it with no data loss.
Flock’s user migration tool was built to overcome the challenge of data loss and also to ensure a comprehensive transition from Slack to Flock. Slack administrators can initiate the native user migration tool by clicking on the “Import Teams” tab in the Admin Panel, which will import the following data directly into Flock:
1. All contacts and teams.
2. Public and private channels.
3. All channels and chats.
4. Chat history
5. Shared files, content, and URLs.
How do I import my history from Slack?
To migrate your history from Slack:\n\n- Go to the Admin Panel (https://admin.flock.co)\n- Click on ‘Import Team’\n- Click on ‘Import Team’ beside the Slack option (Ensure that you are the team admin)\n- Turn on ‘Email Display’ to import users full data. Visit <a href=”>Follow the below simple steps to migrate your history from Slack into Flock:
- Go to the Admin Panel (https://admin.flock.co) and click on Import Team.
- Click on Import Team besides the Slack option as shown in the figure above.
- Turn on Email Display on the Slack admin panel(my.slack.com/admin/settings) to import users full data.
- Go to (my.slack.com/services/export) and start the data export process.
- Get the exported .zip file from Slack.
- Upload the Zip file exported from Slack in your Flock Panel.
- Choose a Team Name and click on Import Now.
- You will be notified via email once the import is complete.
- Only team admins can import history from Slack to Flock.
- You can import all accounts, channels, and messages from Slack to Flock.
- You cannot import apps/app messages or bot messages.
- You cannot import any messages sent and received from guest accounts.
Do let us know if you are facing any trouble in following the above listed steps. We are happy to connect with one of the tech team members of Flock.