Ford is a highly renowned American multinational manufacturer of automobiles. Originally founded in 1903, the company has grown and reached incredible heights. Ford has hundreds of thousands of employees at this point, and what’s so great about this company is that it offers its staff a working environment that’s healthy and dynamic. It’s clear to see that the company cares about its current employees, so much so that they receive a variety of benefits through the MyFordBenefits program.
In an effort to ensure that all the members of the company remain informed and have access to these benefits, Ford created a website which we now know as Myfordbenefits.com. One key thing to keep in mind is that only Ford employees will be able to create an account here. Of course, the current employees aren’t the only ones who can reap these rewards—retired Ford employees or staff who are almost retired can also receive a variety of benefits, such as pensions, life insurance, and health benefits.
Similar to the rest of the staff, these retirees must also enroll themselves into the MyFordBenefits website to learn more about what they can avail from the company.
Before anything else, let’s first talk about the different retiree benefits.
It’s great the Ford still continues to support and help its loyal staff members, even when they’re no longer working for the company due to retirement. There are numerous retirement benefit plans available, and the company makes an effort to revise and review them continuously in order to ensure that the benefits are up-to-date and can serve the retirees well. With that in mind, here are some of benefits available for retired employees thanks to the MyFordBenefits program:
There are two different types of medical plan options available. The first one, which is the PPO 3600, has a Health Savings Account (HSA) option included with it. This allows you to save up money for current or future health-related reasons. The second option is the PPO 4000, and it doesn’t include an HSA option.
If you’re having second thoughts as to which plan to get, Ford also offers resources to help you make your decision. For one thing, you can consult with a Retiree Health Pro, who will be able to answer any questions you may have. You’ll be able to schedule an appointment with this particular professional through the MyFordBenefits website.
Similar to the medical plan, Ford also offers two different options for the dental benefits. There’s the DeltaCare USA plan and the MetLife Traditional Plan one. For the former, you’ll be able to choose from primary care dentists and you won’t have to worry about deductibles or annual maximums. As for the latter, you’ll still be able to choose from a variety of preferred dentists.
MetLife Traditional Plan has a network called the Preferred Dentist Program (PDP). While you’ll be given freedom to choose any dentist you may want, choosing from this particular network means that you’ll pay less.
Ford’s legal plan isn’t just limited to serious problems wherein you may need the help of a lawyer. You can use this plan for other things related to your everyday life as well, such as legal assistance in terms of purchasing a house or lot, or if you need to draft up a will. This purpose of this legal insurance is to provide you with peace of mind wherever you may be and at anytime.
If you’re eligible for the Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, you’ll be provided with up to $25,000. However, it’s worth keeping in mind that retirees who are eligible for Disability will find that once they reach the age of 55, their coverage will be reduced to a maximum of $25,000. The AD&D Insurance, in general, will end once you reach 65 years old.
Prescription Drug Coverage
If you’re making use of Ford’s medical plan, then the prescription drug coverage is automatically accessible to you. Retail, generic, and specialty drugs are covered by this.
There are numerous plans underneath Ford’s Voluntary Benefits, including accidental injury insurance, critical illness insurance, auto insurance, and a lot more. These plans help you save time and money significantly, and will come in handy when unexpected events happen.
Enrolling at MyFordBenefits.com
Will this be your first time enrolling at MyFordBenefits? Rest easy knowing that the process is fairly easy and simple. If you do happen to come across any hurdles, follow the step-by-step guide found below:
- Open up your browser of choice and head over to myfordbenefits.com. This will lead you to the site’s Login page.
- Since this will be your first time enrolling, click on the “New User?” link.
- You’ll be redirected to a site where you’ll need to enter different credentials, like the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN), your date of birth, and other personal information.
- Click the option to Continue. After completing all the other steps, you’ll be good to go.
Logging Into MyFordBenefits.com
After successfully enrolling to the site, this means you’ll be able to log in and check all the benefits you can avail from Ford. Here’s how you can log into your MyFordBenefits account:
- Once again, head on over to Myfordbenefits.com to be redirected to the site’s Login page.
- Type in your correct User ID and password.
- Click the Log On button, which will redirect you to the Home page.
- Look for the “Make your Annual Enrollment choices” option and click it.
- After being redirected to the Welcome page, click on Research and Enroll.
- You’ll be able to view and choose which benefit you want from the Benefits Summary page.
- Pick and choose the different plans you want and would suit your needs.
- Then, click on “Confirm Choices” once you’re done choosing in order to submit your application. Remember: you’ll need to choose your benefits within 31 days after you’ve retired.
- If you used your email ID, then you’ll receive a confirmation email.
- Once your request has been confirmed through the received email, return to the MyFordBenefits website in order to confirm the choices you’ve made.
Lost Your MyFordBenefits Login Credentials?
Don’t panic if you’ve forgotten your user ID or password! Here are simple steps in order to recover your login credentials.
- Type and enter Myfordbenefits.com to your preferred browser in order to be redirected to the site’s Login page.
- Click on the link that says “Forgot User ID or Password?”
- Choose which option is applicable to you, whether you’ve forgotten your user ID, your PIN, or your Password. If you’re not sure, you can also choose the login help.
- Follow the steps provided by the instructions.
- You’ll be able to retrieve your user ID and password through email.
If you’re a Ford employee, especially a retired one or almost set to retire, then you need to grab these benefits that you deserve. Use the MyFordBenefits portal in order to check on your benefits, and enroll into the site if you’re a first-time user. If you’re experiencing any kind of issues in either logging in or enrolling, you can refer back to this easy step-by-step guide for assistance.