Are you having a trouble logging into your Facebook account? Have friend requests being sent to people you don’t know? Have messages been sent that you didn’t write? Have posts been made that you didn’t create? If your answer is yes to any of these questions and wants to recover your hacked account then all you need to do is to follow this simple procedure which is provided by Facebook to report your compromised account and recover it. Here are the series of steps you need to follow in order to recover your hacked Facebook account and secure it from any further hacks.
Steps to recover your Facebook account
If your Facebook account is compromised by a person or even by a virus, then the first thing you do is to report the account that has been compromised. Click https://www.facebook.com/hacked to report your compromised Facebook account.
Then click on “My Account Is Compromised ” button. After clicking it enter your email address, username, phone number or full name associated with your account and then click on “Search“.
Complete the security check by entering the captcha in the text box and then click on submit.
After selecting your account you are prompted to enter the current password or old password by which you log into your Facebook before the account was compromised. Then click on “Continue“.
Before changing the password you need to confirm your identity by any of the below methods.
- Identifying friends based on their tagged photos
- Answering your security question (if you added one to your account)
- Contacting a friend you’ve previously chosen to help you
- Providing your date of birth
How to Secure Your Facebook Account?
- Enable Facebook two-factor authentication and login alerts to add an extra layer of protection in security settings.
- Periodically change your Facebook password.
- Do not disclose your password to anyone and do not write it anywhere.
- Always check that the URL of Facebook starts with “https://www”.
- Use antivirus on your computer.
- Do not sign into Facebook using free Wi-Fi in public places.
- Disable automatic login on your PC.
- Do not accept friend requests from people you do not know.