All is not well between Google and Amazon since Google withdrew its support for its service on both the Echo Show and Amazon’s Fire TV due to Amazon disagreement on carrying Google products like Chromecast and Google Home, and not making Prime Video available for Google Cast users. Due to lack of reciprocity, Google stopped supporting YouTube on Echo Show and Fire TV.
Amid the ongoing bitter feud between Google and Amazon, Mozilla today announced that its Firefox browser is now available on Fire TV devices. On its blog, Mozilla has implicitly told that users can use Firefox to access YouTube on Fire TV and Fire TV Stick.
How to install Firefox on Fire TV and Stream Youtube Videos?
You can install firefox directly from Fire TV or Fire TV Stick or from Amazon.com.
From Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
- Open the Fire TV home screen and select search button at the top.
- Search Firefox in the search box (or) use voice-enabled remote and say Firefox.
- Select Firefox for Fire TV and hit the Get option to install firefox.
- Open “Amazon.com” and sign into your account.
- Select Apps and Games from the drop-down menu on the top and search for Firefox.
- Select Firefox for Fire TV and make sure your device is selected on the “Deliver to option” on the right side.
- Click the Get option to install Firefox and watch YouTube on Fire TV.
Are you able to stream Youtube videos on Fire TV following the above-mentioned steps? Share you views in the comments below!