Apple released the software update WatchOS 4.1 for its wearable devices along with iOS 11.1. The new update comes with loads of features which include LTE Music streaming, Radio, GymKit compatibility, and Wifi-toggle. All these functionalities are built-in Apple Watch Series 3.
One of the update includes LTE playback with the Music app. This feature gives you Wi-Fi and Cellular access to the entire Apple Music Library i.e, around 40 million songs. The cellular connectivity feature will be available in Apple Watch 3 which allows you to make calls and perform cellular tasks like listening to Apple Music, messaging with Siri, etc without carrying around your iPhone.
Not only the revamped Music app, watchOS 4.1 also includes Radio app which supports various radio stations such as Beats One, three live radio stations such as ESPN, CBS Radio, and NPR. With the ESPN radio station, you can catch up with the latest sports news from your Apple Watch. There are a bunch of other radio stations based artists, genre and also personalized radio station for you to stream your favorite music.
Apart from the music apps, the update includes Gymkit compatibility which allows you to sync your Apple watch with the gym equipment. It also includes bug fixes including KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability.
To install the latest update open the Watch app on your iPhone and scroll down to see General. Tap the software update to get the latest software. The detailed list of WatchOS 4.1 is given below which includes:
- Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library.
- Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3.
- Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums.
- Resolves an issue where the current stand hour indicator did not appear for some users.
- Resolves an issue that caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms.
- Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some users.
- Resolves an issue where the Sunrise and Sunset complication would sometimes not appear.
- Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China.
- Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics.
- Ability to disconnect from a WiFi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular).
- Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled.
- Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders.
Have you installed the latest WatchOS 4.1 update?