Android is undoubtedly one of the most popular operating systems out there, and for good reason. For one thing, it’s an operating system that offers limitless possibilities in terms of customization, which is something that many users love. In fact, Android’s customization options even go as far as web browsers, as there’s a secret feature that allows you to set a browser’s default home pages. If there are websites that you visit daily and you find it tiresome to keep opening up new tabs every time you launch your browser, then you’ll definitely appreciate this feature.
Not a lot of people know about content://com.android.browser.home/ yet, which is why it’s still considered a hidden feature. But now that you’re aware of it, don’t stick with the bland default homepage and start customizing your browser to fit your needs. In this article, we’ll teach you how to use this feature for the different popular web browsers.
To put it simply, content://com.android.browser.home/ is a code or a syntax that’s used to define what a browser’s default homepage is. As we all know, each browser has its own default homepage that automatically opens up whenever you launch the browser. This is made possible thanks to this syntax, and each browser has a unique one. If you don’t like the default homepage of your web browser or you want to customize it, then we’ll teach you how below using content://com.android.browser.home/.
How to Use It
On Google Chrome
As for Google Chrome, follow the steps below:
1. Launch your Google Chrome browser.
2. Tap on the three dots found on the top-right corner of your screen.
3. Head over to the Settings option.
4. Go to the Basics section and then select Home page.
5. From there, select Open this page, then edit the URL to the site you want to make your new default homepage.
6. Save the changes you’ve made and re-launch the browser.
On Opera Browser
For the Opera Browser users, they can follow these steps:
1. Launch your device’s Opera Browser app.
2. Tap on the Opera icon, which is usually located on the bottom-right corner of your screen.
3. From there, you can head to the Settings option.
4. Make sure that News and Opera notifications are disabled.
5. Also disable the Trending search and Recent searches.
6. Return to your home page and delete all the existing Speed Dials.
7. Tap on the + sign on your homepage. Type in the URL of the site you want to make your new default.
8. Click on Save.
On the Android Browser
If you’re using your Android device’s default browser, here’s how to customize the default homepage.
1. Open up your device’s default browser.
2. Tap on the three dots typically located on the top-right corner of your screen.
3. Go to Settings and then General Settings.
4. Select Set Homepage.
5. A field will appear where you can type in the URL of the site that you want to make your default homepage.
6. Save changes and re-launch the browser. Your new default homepage should appear every time.
On Mozilla Firefox
The last popular browser we have on the list is Mozilla Firefox. If this is the browser you use and you want to customize it, follow the steps below:
1. Open up your Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Select the three dots located on the top-right part of the screen.
3. You should be redirected to the Settings option of your browser.
4. Go to the General section and then tap on Home.
5. Choose Set a Homepage.
6. Tap on Custom and then type in the URL of the site you want to make your new default.
7. Tap on OK to make sure your changes are saved.
8. Launch the browser again and your new default homepage should greet you.
If you’re tired of your browser’s default homepage, follow the steps above to customize it. By following these steps, you make sure that you won’t waste any more time typing in your favorite website every time you launch your web browser. This way, the site will automatically open up every time your browser is opened, too. It’s very convenient and the steps are very simple to do.