There are millions of websites, all struggling to find space on the first page of search engines. Therefore, the best every website owner can do is to get some Google hacks to improve ranking.
You can do a lot to make your website more visible to the target audience and drive the right traffic to your site. It all begins by publishing quality, informative, and original content on your website and taking the right measure to optimize your mobile and desktop website.
Most businesses find it difficult to optimize their website for search engines. As such, working closely with an SEO company can help them achieve desired marketing revenue. Here we cover some of the best tips you can apply to take your business to the first page of Google.
1. Work on user experience
While content is king when it comes to driving users to your website, you should also focus on making your website easy to navigate. Improve user experience by working on the landing page and site’s loading time.
Your website pages should take seconds to open if you want to reduce the bounce rate and make your visitors want to stay there for long.
According to a recent study by SEMrush, the four main ranking factors for websites include pages per session, time on site, number of website visits, and bounce rate. Therefore, when you channel all your efforts to maximize user experience, you can improve these four metrics and rank your website at the top of Google in the shortest time possible.
You are likely to get more visitors to your website if it is enjoyable to use, contains valuable information, and easy to access. When people visit your website often to browse through different pages, it increases your SEO ranking.
2. Optimize content for SEO
Yes, green content is all that matters if you want your website to remain lively. However, if you look forward to driving the right traffic, you should plan to optimize search engines’ content before you can publish.
Whenever you post high-quality content on your website, you increase your ranking significantly.
So, what should you do to ensure your content is of high quality before you publish?
- Remove all grammar and punctuation mistakes in your content. You can use Grammarly tools to check for spelling mistakes in your content before you publish it.
- Create evergreen content. While content can be time-based, you should strive to create content that journalists and other readers can always refer to.
- Use the right keywords in your content. You can conduct keyword research using third-party tools to find the most searched keywords in your niche. Make your content keyword rich.
- Focus on your audience: When creating content for your blog, you should focus more on your audience’s needs. What do they want to read when they visit your website? To make your website more resourceful, you can include external and internal links.
- Keep updating your website with new content regularly. This creates an impression that your website is active and relevant. You can create a content calendar and ensure you publish fresh and informative content on your website on set dates.
3. Links to other authority sites
Another easy way to make your website rank at the top is to get more backlinks from authority sites. Backlinks from other sites are another valid parameter Google uses to rank your website.
When you get incoming links from authority sites to your website, you make search engines believe that your website is more informative. Again most high-authority sites get a lot of visitors, and having your links there increases your traffic and ranking over time.
4. Repair broken links
To boost your ranking on search engines, you need high-quality links. However, when users click on some of those links and the 404 error pops on the screen, it can discourage them.
All links that bring the 404 error can lower your search rank and user experience. Therefore, you should find out if there are any broken links on your website using tools like Dead Link Checker. Note all the broken links and fix them to boost user experience.
5. Use the alt tags
It would help if you focused on making your website useful to those using text-only browsers and screen readers. While the website should be flexible on different screens, it should also contain alt tags for images and videos. With alt tags, you allow search engines to locate different pages on the website.
6. Optimize all title tags
Search engines like Google still use title tags to determine how your site will perform on SERP. It means you should strive to make your title tags more informative, unique, and focused on the primary keywords. You should always avoid using the same keyword repeatedly.
If you want to improve your ranking, choose a formula that works best for your title tags. For instance, if you are an eCommerce website, you can select product name, product category, and brand name as a formula for your title tags.
Here are more tips to optimize your title tags:
- Have your most important keywords appearing at the top.
- All caps titles make your content obnoxious, and you should avoid them.
- To maximize your visibility, you can use dashes and pipes on the title tags.
- Don’t force or overstuff keywords on the title tags. Google prefers natural strings over forced keywords.
- Avoid default title tags on your website, such as ‘Home’ and Product Page’ on your website. In most cases, Google will think that you have some duplicate content on your website, which affects your ranking.
When you are out to make your website rank at the tip, you should focus more on its SEO. Do some keyword research and create content that your target audience is looking for.
If you still find your site ranking low on Google, reach out to a competent SEO company to optimize your website for search engines and make it appear at the top of the search results. Higher visibility equals more traffic and revenue.