As per the recent study conducted by Guide Blogging, there are over 3,30,000 web hosting providers as of 2020. With an array of options available in the market today, it becomes difficult to choose the best hosting platform for your business. And, selecting the right hosting platform is very important for the success of your company. After all, it can immensely enhance the performance of your website and boost your revenue.
However, choosing the right web host for your website can be a daunting task. By the end of this article, you will be able to understand a bunch of things to consider before opting for a hosting platform.
If you want to scale up the growth of your business, you must consider committing to a web service provider. They will help your business to get the recognition it deserves.
In case you are in a hurry and not able to read the complete article? We have a great deal for you from a hosting provider called Hostinger. Using the coupons of Hostinger, you can get up to 97% discount along with the free SSL certificate.
7 Things to consider before choosing a hosting platform
The below points can be treated as the go-to checklist before finalizing a hosting platform.
1. Understand your hosting needs
First things first. Identifying your hosting needs is the first and foremost thing you need to do for knowing the type of web host you require. You need to be sure of the kind of website you are building, the volume you are looking for, the platform you will be using, etc. It is also important to plan the future of your business before investing in a web hosting platform.
2. Server uptime score and server reliability
The second most important thing to consider is checking the server uptime and server reliability. If the server uptime score and server reliability are low, they can push your website offline. If your website is offline for too long, it will eventually have an adverse impact on your business and revenue. With the help of server monitoring tools, you can easily track the server score of any web hosting platform and know if it is reliable or not.
3. Email options
Linking your website to your email is one of the best ways to receive feedback from your customers. It also helps to convert your customers into your subscribers. In order to enable this, you need to look for a hosting platform that offers email hosting as a service. It comes with a bucketful of options that can help you grow your business in different ways.
4. Multiple domain hosting options
This is one of the most crucial features you need to check for before choosing a web hosting company. A platform with multiple domains hosting options will allow you to run multiple websites under one single account. Initially, you might just start with one website and domain name but later when you plan to introduce more than one website, this feature might be really helpful.
5. Upgrade options
Hosting plans these days mostly come with shared hosting options. In such a case, it is advisable that you should opt for a shared hosting plan that allows you to upgrade your server. The reason being the growth of your business. When your business grows big in size, then a shared hosting plan will not be enough. You need to choose a platform that will allow you to upgrade your plan easily.
6. Site backups
There are high chances of your website getting crashed and inaccessible many times. During such times, it is very important for a site backup option. It helps to restore the site’s data and resume the functioning of the website again. If your web hosting platform backups the site on a regular basis, then you don’t have to worry at all.
7. Signup and maintenance cost
Last but not least is the cost of registration and maintenance. Most of the web hosting platforms offer great deals at the time of registration. However, renewable charges are more than double. The question is how can you avoid this? It’s very simple! All you need to do is check for the renewable and maintenance cost with the company before signing up for it.
Other things to keep in mind before choosing a hosting platform
The above mentioned are the major points to check for before selecting a web hosting provider. However, once you find the ideal service provider that fulfills all the needs, you can look at a couple of other things too. Below is the list of other things to look for in a hosting platform.
- Website security– Yet another critical thing to look for is website security. Be it a personal blog or a large-scale business, you must check for the security that can be provided by the company for your website.
- E-commerce options – If you are planning to start an e-commerce website with features like payment options, shipping support, etc, then you must check if the company offers e-commerce features.
- Refund Policy – In case you are not satisfied with the hosting platform’s services and you want to withdraw your registration, you must find out about its refund policy. If the company works on a no refund policy basis, then you will be at loss.
- Terms of service – Most of the companies do not have clear terms of service. It is very important to know the terms and conditions of any company before signing up for it.
- Customer support – It is one of the most vital things to look for. In case you face any problem, you need a 24*7 customer support service in order to resolve your issue in no time.
- Server responsiveness and speed – Having good server responsiveness and quick speed is very important for your business. It will increase your viewers and help in the ranking of your website.
It is no surprise that thoughts and preferences differ from person to person and business to business. Not everyone would stick to the above list for choosing a web hosting platform. However, let us remind you. Selecting the wrong hosting company can cause you a lot. So, it is advisable to be very careful and opt for the best hosting platform for your business. Also, if you have any more queries revolving around this topic, feel free to drop it in the comments section below.
Anushka Oza is a journalism student, a free-spirited package of positive energies! Extremely social and fun to be around, this wordsmith takes her work seriously. She is an avid reader, big foodie, and travel junkie.