While the Google Play Store is the largest mobile app store in the world, it doesn’t have everything users want. Many apps and games are not available in the store because Google has certain restrictions in place that make it impossible for some developers to get their app s accepted. Add to that geo-restrictions, and thousands of apps and games are now missing from the store.
That’s no longer an issue, not now that we have ACMarket. The best alternative app store for Android users, ACMarket, offers all those missing apps and games, plus more content, like emulators screen recorders, and much more. It has no restrictions, you don’t need to root your device to use it, and it’s set to become much more popular than the official store.
How to Download ACMarket on Android
This is a pretty simple process but, as it is an alternative to the official app store, you won’t download it from there. What you need to do is install the APK file directly onto your device, so follow the steps below exactly as written:
- The first step is to allow unofficial apps to download onto your device, so open your Android Settings app.
- Go into the Security section, find the option for Unknown Sources, and enable it.
- Close Settings and open your mobile browser
- Go to the official website, ac-market.org, and download the APK file to your device.
- When it’s done, open your downloads folder and find the APK file.
- Tap it and follow the on-screen instructions to install it onto your device
- When it’s done, you will see the ACMarket icon on your home page, and you will be able to use the store to install apps and games.
How Does ACMarket Work?
Using ACMarket is as easy as using the official app store. It is incredibly user-friendly and takes just a couple of taps to get any app or game that you want:
- Tap the ACMarket icon on your home screen to open the store
- Pick one of the app categories and have a look at what apps and games are included.
- If you are looking for a specific app or game, use the search facility.
- Tap the name of the app you want and then tap on GET next to it
- Wait while the app downloads to your device and the app icon appear on your device.
- The app or game is now yours to use.
ACMarket App Features
ACMarket is packed with apps and games and offers users all these cool features:
- It’s Free – ACMarket is free to download and use, as is everything it contains
- User-Friendly – a simple interface makes it easy to find what you want, quickly and easily
- Organized – the developers have put all the content into categories, including Top Apps, Latest Apps, Trending, etc. There are also categories for Tweaked, Modified, and Patched apps
- No Geo-Restrictions – some apps cannot be used by all users because of geo-restrictions. All the apps in ACMarket can be used anywhere, regardless of location
- Ad-Free – there are no irritating ads that interrupt your experience, unlike other similar stores that contain surveys and ads that you must fill in or watch before downloading apps or games
- No Hidden Fees – you don’t pay anything – what you see really is what you get
- Regular Updates – ACMarket is regularly updated with new content and with performance enhancements, improvements, and security fixes. Please make sure you download any update the developers provide to get the best out of your app experience
- Safe to Use – ACMarket is 100% safe to use. Regular updates ensure any issues are fixed immediately, and no app or game is allowed into the store without passing a virus and exploit check first. If it fails, it doesn’t go in. If an app does make it past the scanners and subsequently turns out to be dodgy, it is removed immediately. Strong SSL encryption is also included in the app to make sure that your downloads and, by extension, your data, and device are protected from anything malicious and that your privacy is assured. Please make sure you only download ACMarket from the official links only.
- Fast Downloads – you get the fastest download speeds of any similar app store, even faster than the official Play Store.
- Active Support – the ACMarket support team is spread all over the globe, ensuring that your queries are answered immediately, regardless of what time zone you are in.
Can I Use ACMarket on Any Other Device?
No. Right now, ACMarket is only supported on Android devices, so you will not be able to use it on iOS or any other mobile platform. However, there are alternative stores that can be used on those platforms.
What About Using it on my PC or Mac?
You can install ACMarket on a Windows or Mac OS computer. Because it is an Android file, all you need to do is download a reputable Android emulator, such as BlueStacks or Nox Player, onto your computer first and then install the Android file using the emulator.
ACMarket Has Stopped Working; How Do I Fix This?
There are three reasons why this might happen – incorrect app preferences, the cache needs clearing, or Unknown Sources may not be enabled:
Method 1: Resetting App Preferences
This tends to be the most successful fix:
- Open Settings>Apps (or App Manager)
- Tap on the menu for All Apps
- Tap on Reset App Preferences
- Tap Reset Now on the popup message
- ACMarket should now be working.
Method 2: Clearing Package Installer Data and Cache
- Open Settings>Apps (Manage Apps)
- Tap on System Apps>Package Installer
- Tap on Clear Data and then Clear Cache (Look in Storage if you use Android 6 Marshmallow)
- Try ACMarket again, and it should work.
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- Open Settings>Security
- Find and enable Unknown Sources.
- Try ACMarket again
If it still isn’t working, delete it. Make sure Unknown Sources stay enabled and start the installation again.
ACMarket is the best alternative for Android users. It’s free, legal, and completely safe to use, and it could be your new go-to app store.