If you are a Windows user, then you might have faced this problem “There was a problem Resetting Your PC” at least once. This is related to booting. Generally, Windows will take care of such problems like booting and troubleshooting using Automatic Repair Tool. But, sometimes the repair tool couldn’t fix the problem and displays the error dialog box that Windows was unable to solve the problem. Windows booting issues can be really embarrassing for any users. But there is no need to feel helpless.
If at all the problem cannot be resolved by the automatic repairing, there are a few methods to fix this issue. One of them is popularly known and that can be used easily. Go through this Step-by-step Guide and you will be able to fix it and Reset your PC without any Problem, and again you can Reinstall Windows 8/8.1/10.
How to Fix “There Was A Problem Resetting Your PC” Error In Your Windows PC, Laptop?
Let’s solve this problem together. Basically, there are two methods to solve this problem.
1. By Command Prompt
2. By Win-Recovery Method
Method – 1:
1. For this, first, you need to go to Recovery Mode on your PC/Laptop.
Go to Settings -> Update and Recovery -> Recovery. Then tap on Advanced Startup and click Restart Now button.
2. In the next window, select Troubleshoot and click Advanced Options.
3. Now open Command Prompt and you will be redirected to the login page.
4. Here select your account or Administrator account and click Next.
5. The Command prompt window will open, you have to enter the commands which are given below and press ENTER. (The command should be in series and do not change the order).
ren system system.001
ren software software.001
6. Now the command prompt redirects to ‘Windows Recovery Environment Screen‘ and you have to click on Continue.
Then, you have to reboot your PC and the problem must get fixed.
Method – 2:
If at all the above method doesn’t work, then use this method to fix the problem. But you need an ISO image of your window to create custom recovery image.
1. First, open My Computer -> Local Disk (C) and create a new folder with name ‘Win-Recovery’.
2. Now search for ‘install.wim’ file in ISO image source file, copy it and paste into the newly created folder.
3. Next, open command prompt and type REAGENTC /INFO. You will find that recovery location is missing.
4. To set the custom recovery path, reagentc /SetOSImage /Path C:\WIN-Recovery\install.wim /Index 1
5. Now you have to recheck the updated location by using “REAGENTC /INFO.” command.
Now, it shows new updated location, then Restart your PC.
These are the two best methods to fix “There was a problem Resetting Your PC” problem on your Windows PC.